Thoughts on our AD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KerryS, May 8, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

+1 This pretty well sums up my sentiments as well.:thumb:

2. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Well the only problem I have ever had with Skip was he seemed to schedule the creamiest cream puff teams to play (for football anyway). Some times our strength of scheduled suffered for it. Other than that I think he was a pretty good AD; Aleva well I don't know enough about the guy to really say I like/dislike him.

1 person likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Agree, the wins and losses don't fall on his head. However I never liked the hire because of the debacle at Duke. Haven't seen anything since he's been here to sway me one way or the other.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Examples please? Keep in mind, Radakovich (when he was here) mainly was in charge of football scheduling, and some of the things that happened under Bertman's watch with football scheduling were totally beyond his control (Virginia Tech postponement, Marshall cancelling, BYU cancelling, Katrina FUBAR'ing the series with Arizona State, Arizona and Washington going into the toilet right before we started playing them). We were often left scrambling to fill out OOC schedule dates. Some people got so mad at Skip for the in-state rotation and renewing the series with Tulane, but I liked those moves, it brought much needed stability to an OOC schedule that was getting increasingly difficult to make out as we became a dominant program that NOBODY wanted to schedule.

So now Alleva comes in, he makes his mark on scheduling immediately by dumping the Tulane series. And what did we replace them with? North Carolina on a neutral field is awesome. ULM, McNeese State, and Northwestern State? Not so much.

As far as coaching hires, just one so far, Trent Johnson. Love the hire. I believe in CTJ, I would love the kind of program he wants to build here. Only time will tell if it's gonna work.

I would kill to have Radakovich back as AD. Jury is still out on Alleva. I pray we have not hired another Joe Dean, but I have my doubts.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

other than 1 fluke year, they'd been bouncing back and forth between barely mediocre and toilethood for about a decade or so before we got around to playing them.