Thoughts on UT lawsuit?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by uscvball, Feb 12, 2016.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good thing Alleva isn't their AD!

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

All anecdotal nonsense and has nothing to do with THIS case. And for everyone story you can come up with, I can match it with a rape that went unreported. Again, nothing to do with the University of Tennessee allegedly failing to properly investigate several accusations of rape committed by UT athletes.

What does that have to do with this case? And like I said, men are in the power position so unfair or not, it is incumbent on them to make the right choices. Can and should women make better choices? Sure. But even if a woman is passed out drunk, she is not giving consent, is unable to give consent, and any man who has sex with a woman under those conditions has committed rape.

"The bitch recanted but it was too late."

Right. Got it. I'm the one with the issue and unable to see things in a proper perspective.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I can't believe none of y'all are talking about this manning thing.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well.....it has nothing to do with this current case but okay, I'll address it.

In her original complaint dating back to 1996 (D'oh) she said, "He pulled his pants down and exposed himself to me, as I was bent over examining his foot after asking me personal questions"...and she was still saying that in a suit she filed in 2002. That defamation suit was a direct result of Manning's book, co-authored by his daddy, in which he referenced a trainer but not by name.

The allegation of physical contact by Manning wasn't made until a statement of facts was filed on Oct. 15, 2003. She said, "Manning “forcefully maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly” on her face during a medical examination on Feb. 29, 1996, when Manning was a 19-year-old quarterback for the Volunteers....

On Dec. 3 of 2003, Manning and Naughright reached a confidential settlement agreement resolving the defamation claim. On Jan. 18, 2005, three weeks after ESPN aired a documentary called “ESPN Classic Sports Century: Peyton Manning," Naughright filed a second lawsuit against Manning claiming a breach of their settlement agreement.

According to SI, her attorneys wrote: "[ESPN’s show on Manning] contained a segment which depicted her photographically, rehashed issues which took place at the University of Tennessee, statements from Manning’s book and had juxtaposed thereafter statements by Manning that some people in the past had tried to take advantage of him or embarrass him. Thus, Naughright had again been the subject of an attack by innuendo."

So...this is about an incident some 20 years ago. The alleged victim gave different accounts of whether physical contact occurred or not. Even if one believes her story from 2003, it doesn't make sense. I'm trying to picture how if one is "bent over" examining a foot, that a ball sack and butthole could end up on her face. Yikes. He admitted that he pulled out his junk and directed it at a teammate. It sounds like a stupid prank rather than assault and I am not surprised UT did nothing more with it. Her constant lawsuits are what's bringing all the attention and she's obviously got no problem doing it again now that he's won another SB.

5. LaSalleAve

But that's why it belongs here because it seems there is a pattern of rampant sexual misbehavior at the University of Tennessee that goes back a long way.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, it sounds more like a prank than an actual advancement. All of us guys are stupid like that when <25 years old, then we finally begin to mature. Begin is a relative word, too, LOL.

7. LaSalleAve

I've never whipped my dick out or smeckled anyone. And I've done some really stupid shit. Who the fuck wants to see that semi-tard's junk?

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

20 years ago? Meh. I'd say the current cluster fits but this one?
    True. It really reads like stupid locker room behavior and he admitted to that.
    TMI. I don't know nor do I want to, what smeckling is. Like I said though, try to picture how someone bent over looking at a foot could or would get or allow him to "maneuver" his junk onto their face. And that includes his ass so her face had to be waaaay up in that and facing up? Nah.

9. LaSalleAve

I don't know if the story is true or not, I just think it fits. And smeckling is like tea bagging, sort of. You've never heard of that?

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes of course I have. And if I hadn't, the incapable libtards have certainly evoked it enough in the political arena. ;)