Three important "gets" for Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 10, 2005.

1. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

1. Gary Crowton, OC
    2. Dave Campo, DC
    3. Ryan Perriloux, QB

Will he pull it off?:confused: :geauxtigs

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Will you take 2 out of 3?

3. tigerjeffrey

Yes

I'll take Crowton or Fisher as OC -- Miles will have a lot of input into the offense, which I assume is a good thing?:confused: Campo would be nice but hey, ABC -- Anybody But Clay! Perilloux's recruitment is getting old, kind of like when J. Russell announced on signing date, on TV, he would sign w/ LSU. High school kids holding press conferences!!:eek:

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

The bigger the recruit, the bigger the drama. :dis: I don't have anything about any of these recruits, but I wish if they had their mind made up, they'd stick by their word/decision. None of this, "Oh, wait! Which program are you from? Oh, yeah! Yep....I'm going to you guys."

If you know you're going to a particular school, then be courteous enough to tell others interested the truth. Don't make a school waste their time and efforts to "roll out the red carpet" for you, if you're not going to go there. ....unless, of course, you're one of those kids that love everyone kissing your butt?

5. tigerjeffrey

Like some coaches??:wink:

6. veedo

veedo Founding Member

Crowton and Campo are more important than RP. I think that Crowton will be able to teach Flynn and Russell better mechanics and how to read defenses better than Fisher was able to do. So, if we land him, then I think we will be okay at the qb position for this recruiting class. We will have to find a qb in next years class though.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That's my thought process as well. Fisher is an good OC, but I think one of his flaws, that was exposed this past season, was his ability to either develope Randall, or run plays suited to his strengths (given his limited ability to throw downfield) or groom Russell a little better.

It can be noted that Jimbo did a great job with Rohan and Mauck, but Rohan had better passing abilities than Randall, and Mauck was more cerebral than both Randall and Russell were.

IMO, our chances of getting another :crystal: improve with Crowton as our QB coach. :geauxtigs

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very well said, I would love to see what Crowton could do with our QB's.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I don't know how many of you read Dandy Don, but this is what he said about the RP situation/circus.....

I would love to get this kid, but if we don't I can guarantee you I won't be losing any sleep over it. I haven't an ounce of doubt in my mind that Russell and or Flynn will be stars when it's all said and done. We all know the talent Russell has, it just needs to be fine tuned. Flynn really impressed me with his poise in the pocket during the Cap One Bowl. Fellas, we have two very good QB's waiting in the wings, BANK ON IT! :helmet:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I still say the kid is headed to Texas.

What the hell do I know though