Three important "gets" for Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 10, 2005.

1. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Awe, cheer up MarineTiger, I'm sure you know plenty.

I didn't see him coming here earlier since he knew he'd be competing with Russell and Flynn, but as much as Russell struggled, and as little as Flynn played, maybe he'll think he has a shot to play and come here. Who knows? To be honest, I'm kinda tired of all the hype, and I really don't care if he does or doesn't. I'm sure he's a good QB and all, but I've come to the realization that a kid's performance in high school doesn't always translate to great performance in college, at least not without a lot of work. Remember all the hyper surrounding Russell 2 years ago, and even at the beginning of this year after the OSU game? People making him out to be a football god, and the next saviour of LSU. I'm not saying he won't be a good or even great college QB, but I'm just saying he certainly didn't look all that impressive in most of his playing this season. I know he's young and still has several years to improve, but all I'm saying is Perilloux isn't a must have for LSU, and it's quite possible that he might end up being not that great of a college QB, so it's not going to break my heart at all if he doesn't come here.

Especially now that Jimbo is staying, and we all know he's had good luck with improving the playing of QB's in the past few years. I'm sure the coaching staff will have talent here at the QB position, and with Jimbo here to work with the QB's, I'm sure we'll be fine.