Thunder and Lightning!! JJ and JL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 10, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

It's easy to see that JJ will be the control running guy that will pass as needed.

J. Lee will be the lightning bolt strike force that will pass and run as needed.

Other folk will have to game plan both of them and coming from no O to this O I will take it.

Oh my - we have our 200 yards of passing to go with a running game. We all said that is all we needed to go with our ST's and this D. We got it and I would say this will be PP's worst game of the season.

Geaux Tigers:miles:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Need more lightning and less thunder.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

:hihi: :thumb:

Be seen...not heard.

There's no thunder without lightning.

4. TigerCliff

What makes us think this blend for J. Lee isn't just the fix needed for him. JJ looked very good to me in the system on the road. The one bad pass for JJ was the only real problem I saw. JJ looked good starting and I like what I saw from him with a real focus on running strong.

J. Lee looked so cool and just made the throws. Don't try to over think this and just enjoy the moments. A 2 QB system rarely works but this one seems to have more ups than downs.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think Lee won something last night, JJ is doing better but to me Lee is the stronger QB at this point. He seems to be moving our offense with ease.

6. TigerCliff

I think we will see a % play of what we saw in this game. JJ starts and Lee comes in. 2nd week in a row that JL finished the game when the other team knows we are going to pass.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If Miles doesn't reward JL with the start that he has clearly earned then he is the idiot many here and in the press think he is. Here is a guy that probably should have transferred before last year but stuck it out. He has greatly out played the starter and led us to two victories in the last two weeks. Without him LSU wins neither. What a slap in the face to the best QB on the team and the clear offensive leader if Miles refuses to make the change.

1 person likes this.
  8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well Folks .. here's the breakdown.

Jordan Jefferson drives .... end in punts and 2 FGs.

Jarret Lee's drives .... end in 4 TDs.

What is clear to me is that Jarret Lee should be the starting QB for driving the ball down the field. Jordan Jefferson is a nice distraction once you get within FG range or inside the 10. JJ's only contribution to the TDs of the game was when they brought him in after JL drove the ball to inside the ten.

I know Les Miles may not notice the above facts .. but hey, it is what it is. Using the two guys as I have depicted above will result in a potent offense.

:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Lee hasn't earned the start at this point, I am astonished. 82% passing with *GASP* two touchdown passes. He engineered all of the scoring drives at Florida, even the ones that they took away his opportunity to finish and gave to Jefferson. There is a role for Jefferson on this team, but our quarterback is definitely Jarrett Lee.

Jefferson is a fine and gutsy runner, but he only has a few tricks and they were onto them by the 3rd quarter. His first running TD was a busted play that he was athlete enough to get himself out of. His other drives ended in an interception or poor passes. It's hard to doubt his athletic prowess, but I think he's played himself into a reserve role at QB with zero passing TD's in 5 games, less than 100 yards passing per game and over 3 times as many interceptions as touchdowns.

2 people like this.
  10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I think it's time to start playing Jefferson at WR. That is until Lee starts throwing picks again.