Thunder and Lightning!! JJ and JL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I think that Lee is definitely the QB of choice in most situations, but I don't give a rat's hind end who "starts". Hell, it may be that Lee is relishing in his role. He certainly is flourishing in it. He played pretty well against Tennessee...but he played VERY well last night. Almost a perfect game. JJ also played well last night in his role...but we can't have the turnovers.

2. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Both QBs did an outstanding job last night. Props to both of them for a job WELL DONE. A few minor glitches, but most passes landed where they were supposed to, and some good, quick-decision making to boot. If they keep getting better, we should be in for an exciting rest-of-the-season, and next season.

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

JL had to finish both games for a COMEBACK win, something no one believe JJ is capable of. I hope the team gets to have a big lead so that Lee does not have to be thrusted into that row. I am starting to wonder if Lee's miserable experience in 2008 had hardened him and made him mentally much stronger in handling these pressure situations.

I really do not like the conservative philosophy with the offense playcalling in the 4th QTR trying to sit on a lead when the whole game your offense had been effective. They should go for the jugulars..

4. edyel

edyel edyel

Enjoyed the play of both quarterbacks last night. However re-watching the game now it seems when JJ is on the sideline and JL is in and the camera shoots over to JJ he seems almost disinterested in whats happening on the field. He is a gifted athlete but I would like to see a little more grace from him when he is not in the spotlight. Just my opinion.:geaux:

5. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

This is what it will be. More JL each week and continued JJ in a fewer situatuins. If expecting pass with JL and run with JJ, things can be done that are not predictable. I see this as a very positive turn. Two weeks ago things looked very doubtful for the offense. Things are a changing for the better.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If you don't think the guy that has worked his tail off and has rightfully earned the starting position doesn't care who starts then you don't know "a rat's hind end" about anything. With that line of reasoning you probably wouldn't have minded the NFL awarding the Colts the Lombardi trophy after their loss to the Saints in the Super Bowl. It's a competition, Lee has won and should be rewarded with the start. It would show him that the coaching staff actually notices and cares. How many QB's in college or the pro's would be ok with being the backup even though they and the whole world knows they have won the starting job? The right thing to do is to start JL. The smart thing to do is to start JL. It doesn't matter if you understand that or if you just don't care.

7. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I think JL is our guy but, for the life of me, I cannot understand why he does not or cannot run AT ALL. I remember seeing him scramble downfield only one time back in 2008. I think they should give him a couple of designed runs to build his confidence/ability unless he actually can run and they're saving it for the right moment. The only good I'm seeing from him not running is that we don't get the option to the short side of the field.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Good lord. You guys ever stop to think that maybe neither guy needs a full load??? Maybe, just maybe they thrive off one another...lightening each others load. It was broke with JJ by himself. JJ + JL appears to be a fix...against a top flight defense no less. Leave it alone!

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Well

I am happy with what the staff seems fit to do. I guess I am part of the group that doesn't know where to find a rat's rear because I don't care who the starter in a known 2 headed QB might be.

J. Lee might or might not be able to handle the sole starter position at LSU. You might think you know that but you don't. What they are doing is working and with what this staff has been through and Les being Les I suspect we will see much more of the same.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've said all along that we should play both quarterbacks and let them share the pressure and let each play when it fits his style. But we badly need to develop a passing game right now and it's time to acknowledge that Lee is the starter and the only QB providing passing offense.

Take two consecutive long pass plays by Jefferson. He locked onto his primary receiver and throws incompletions into coverage. Both plays he had a receiver wide open on the other side that he never even glanced at. If we're going to bench Lee on successful drives and let Jefferson run the ball inside the 15, fine. He's bigger, more agile, complicates the run defense, and is developing a nose for the hole. But we should also bench Jefferson and put in Lee when its 3rd and long. Quicker eyes, quicker mind, quicker decision, quicker throw.

1 person likes this.