Thunder and Lightning!! JJ and JL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Why am I not surprised that after running the 2 QB system for only the second time, and beating FL in the swamp with it, you guys are complaining.

A great coaching job, and great QB play won that game for us!

CONGRATS TIGERS!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We're discussin'.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

This man speaks the truth.

Too many people are still high from the win last night saying "JJ played good." No. He didn't. Everytime JJ was in the game not in a goal line situation, the offense sputters. He STILL can't hit receivers, almost got DePete killed on a pass, threw a INT, and generally many BAD passes.

I'm not saying the kid should ride the pine forever, I want to see see him in the game to give the defenses a different look. But he's certainly not thunder. We lose both of our last games with only JJ. I think we'd still win with only JLee. THAT's the difference a real QB makes.

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I am sure I can enjoy either QB that might be on the field. JJ played one of his better games at the Swamp on Sat night. I guess after hearing how bad JJ was and how stupid CLM is that I am just going to deal with the moment. I thought GC called a good game and we win!

I am backing down with all the smack and going to enjoy the day. Not many college football fans have what LSU has. USC is falling off a cliff and Texas is down. The Gators are falling and LSU is moving up once again. 2011 looks awesome to be a Tiiger and we have no idea how far 2010 will take our Tigers.

I am looking forward to playing the Huskers in the BCS national game but many things will have to break our way for that to happen.

Geaux Tigers and thanks Les for just being Les

5. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

BLUNDER and Lightning.

There...I fixed it.

Really though...I think it is obvious to everyone that J-Lee moves the offense and seams to have more leadership skills than JJ. You can tell who TT would rather have.

JJ still seems to be a little lost...he is most definitely not a passing threat and the defense knows it. He may get a good run in here or there but I always have the feeling that we are "wasting" an offensive possession when he comes onto the field.

I am not fond of J-Lee moving us down the field and JJ then being allowed to score the TD either...but I can deal with that better than I can deal with JJ coming in and not moving the chains at all. I am glad Miles/Crowton left J-Lee in at the end of this game and let him cap off his scoring drive.

The future looks brighter...I hope to see J-Lee as the starter from here on out.

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

The good news is that you can have lightning and not hear the thunder but you can't have thunder without the lightning!!!