Thursday Nite in Death Valley!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigersWin!22, Aug 7, 2003.

?

Would You Like A Thursday Nite Game In Tiger Stadium?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    89.2%
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Thursday nights are for the WAC, MAC and CUSA. Day games on Saturday are a tradition in the Big10 and I would rather be Big10 instead of CUSA.

2. TigersWin!22

TigersWin!22 Founding Member

I remember some SEC teams that have played on Thursdays in the past like Ole Priss & Mississloppy State. I was just thinking about it and hoping that they never pick us for one of those games.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Florida State played a Thursday night game last year and they are not MAC, WAC or CUSA. Do I want to see LSU schedule Thursday night games? NO Would I rather see LSU play a Thursday night game than a Saturday morning game? YES

4. BayouBengal

And they were playing Louisville, a CUSA team. It's not like it was one of their ACC games.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Even so, Thursday night would beat the hell out of early Saturday morning.

6. bayou_bengal25

bayou_bengal25 Freshman

I agree, thursday night wouldnt be ideal but it is a hell of alot better than a saturday morning game.

7. I don't think ANYBODY should be playing Thursday night games. It's just an opportunity for ESPN to throw $$ at schools, and they are all jumping at the chance given the current "business" of college athletics. This trend is causing schools to stray from their normal traditions. Some straying is understood and tolerable; some things are not.

From a personal standpoing, my wife and I really enjoy coming in from Houston for the game weekends. Thursday games would throw a major wrinkle in that with work and other activities.

8. BayouBengal

With the large number of fans who travel from area outside of Baton Rouge I would see attendence drastically reduced. Just think, in a game against someone like Miami(OH) we draw just over 80,000 on a Saturday NIGHT. You move that same game to a Thursday we get less than 70,000. It would be an embarrassing crowd to have on TV.

9. TigersWin!22

TigersWin!22 Founding Member

Yea-- the last thing we need is national TV to see a small crowd in Tiger Stadium! That would suck.

10. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I can't believe some of you would rather see a Thursday night game than a JP 11:30 Saturday game. Again, I want to ask, "You're joking, right?" With a Thursday night game, please explain to me when people might tailgate for the game. If there were regularly scheduled classes on Thursday (which there should be), when can people start setting up their tailgates? When will people be allowed to start parking? Can they get the campus cleaned up for Friday morning classes? Will any students even attend Friday morning classes? If you live outside Baton Rouge, what time would you have to leave work to make the game? Would you take off Friday morning?

Saturday morning games are inconvenient, but they are not even close to the annoyance that would involve a Thursday night game.