Thursday Nite in Death Valley!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigersWin!22, Aug 7, 2003.

?

Would You Like A Thursday Nite Game In Tiger Stadium?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    89.2%
  1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

For heaven's sakes no...

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The only way I might even consider athursday game is if it were on the road and even then I wouldn't like it.

3. TigersWin!22

TigersWin!22 Founding Member

And even then you would have to take off 3-4 days for traveling and to come back down to earth after witnessing whatever team's ass that the Tigers had just kicked!:geaux:

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey, I'm a night person. To me any night is better than any morning. As far as the logistics of classes and parking goes other schools have found a way to handle it and LSU can too.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If it were the week of the annual Fall Break it might could work. I mean I wouldn't want football to cut into my quality time I spend in CEBA;)

6. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

On a some what related topic is it just me or does CEBA always smell of B.O. and Piss. I mean that places stinks worse than the showers in the dorm rooms.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

but a lot of those schools dont have 92,000+ seat stadiums, 150,000 fans on campus for game day, or 30,000 students enrolled.

it would be a nightmare...id just skip thurs and fri clases.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Thursday night game just would not work at LSU. The logistics would be mind-boggling. You would have to cancel classes that day, it just couldn't work.

In my opinion, the only reason we are forced to play day games on Saturday is because our admin. and SEC admin. hasn't been forceful enough with the networks. If we put our foot down and said "LSU only plays on Saturday nights, PERIOD!", yeah, we would probably have one or two fewer games on TV, but is that such a big loss. And if we remained highly competitive and won a lot, we would still get on TV plenty of times. ESPN will usually accomodate us, and sometimes, ABC and CBS will. So why not be more forceful?

I guess we will be more aggressive after we've won two or three national titles. Then we can really play hardball.

9. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

I voted yes, but of course I don't live in Louisiana anymore. [​IMG]
    LSU fans are very devoted to tradition, so there's not much chance of a Thursday game ever happening.