Ticket lottery for Ga tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerDaddy, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I ordered 4 auburn tickets and only got 2 :(

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

My friend who always gets tickets and is a mid level TAF guy did not get any tickets to the UGA game as he did not hit the lotto. Thats the way the ball bounces. 16,000 requests for an away regualr season game is quite substantial.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Crap!! I did not get an email regarding yes or no. Have to wait till the ticket office opens Monday to find out. All I know is that my Credit Card wasn't credited.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Those of you who didn't get away game tix, did you get your refund yet?

I have not...

5. mello_at_lsu

mello_at_lsu Freshman

student away tickets

I was wondering the same thing, so I emailed the ticket office. This is their reply:

"Students will receive an e-mail to their PAWS account with all away game ordering procedures. This e-mail will be sent out around the middle of August."

That's all they told me. Hopefully, they get this e-mail out pretty soon. I'm looking to get some Auburn tickets.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

The guy I talked to at the ticket office said you can probably only get ONE ticket for away games, which sucks.

7. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I've done Public Record Document Request on past lotteries.

Basically, if your TAF priority ranking is 500 or above (i.e., pretty big money donors), you get at least 6 tickets.

If your TAF priority ranking is below 500, there is NO advantage to being in the TAF - with one exception which I'll mention below. But, as far as the lottery, there is NO advantage to being in the TAF if your ranking is below 500.

For the lottery, they take every ACCOUNT (TAF and nonTAF) who has applied for the ticket (and didn't get tickets b/c their TAF priority ranking is below) and use a computer randon number generator to assign each account a number between 1 and the number of ACCOUNTS that applied for tickets.

They figure out how many tickets are available for the lottery (after taking out the players, coaches and TAF guaranteed tickets - those below #500). Let's say there were 2000 tickets left. Then those ACCOUNTS who were assigned numbers 1-1000 by the computers random number generator get 2 tickets each. I'm not sure how many tickets went into the lottery for Georgia, but if you REALLY want to know, just send a letter invoking the "Public Records Document" request law and they are required to answer your questions.

The ONLY time being a "lower level" TAF member helps is if there are enough tickets to go around for everyone who applied and there are "extras". In that case, the lower level TAF might be able to get four tickets while non TAF members will only be entitled to 2 tickets.

I don't believe that happened this year. The only game that might have applied was Arkansas. But, a friend who is not a TAF member applied for and got 4 tickets to the Arkansas game.

So, being a lower level TAF member got you ZERO "benefits" this year.

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

this whole ticket lottery crap is bullsh!t.

We needed 14 tickets to the game, we only got 6. I have never been so bummed in my life. We have had no trouble in the past getting tickets to Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. I will now most likely be cancelling my plans to go because I am not driving to Athens to sit in the RV to watch the game.

I wonder how much politics and corporations are effecting the away game ticket system this year?

Just a thought............... :cuss: :angryfire :po: :angry: :cuss: :angryfire :po: :angry:

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Do a PRD request. You can find out who got what. You can find out what numbers you were assigned by the random number generator (as well as EVERYONE else who applied).

But, I believe the lottery is the "best" system available. At least it gives us all a shot.

The top 100 TAFers get 10 tickets each. That 1000 tickets.

The next 149 TAFers get 8 tickets each. That's 1192.

The next 250 TAFers get 6 tickets each. That's 1500.

That's a total of 3692.

Then players and coaches get a certain number (I believe 2-4) of tickets.

Then, the administration (President, chancellor, etc.) gets a certain number of tickets.

So, of the 7,000 tickets, AT LEAST the first 4,000 are already "spoken for".

You said that you got 6 out of 14. I guess that means you won on 3 of 7 accounts.

My family has five accounts (three of which are 2000-3500 level TAF). We won on ONE account. THAT'S IT. And, it was a NON TAF account. I'm not too upset because we did win on 3 of the 5 accounts for the Sugar Bowl (and I do get to go on the 2 tickets we won). So, I'm guessing that the odds just got even for us. The next time there is a lottery (HOPEFULLY FOR ORANGE BOWL TICKETS LATER THIS YEAR), I'm hoping we do much better than the 1 of 5.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If you want to get rid of those six I know a few thousand people who would take them off your hands. Self included. :)