Tickets for LSU/Oregon Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, May 16, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

From dictionary.com

First recorded in writing toward the end of the 19th century in the United States, snuck has become in recent decades a standard variant past tense and past participle of the verb sneak

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That's the crappy part. People use the wrong words long enough and they become words. irregardless apparently is recognized now and it is just a terrible non-word.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

according to dictionary.com every non-word is now a word. we need a better point of reference from this day forward.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Damn! I was in Texas waaaay too long. I didn't even realize. Correct away my brother, help me get all of this Texas slang out of my system!

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My 10th grade English teacher corrected me on using "snuck" during an oral book report back in 1985. I absolutely did not believe her. I've been an English teacher, myself, for 19 years, and I still don't have a problem with "snuck." Sorry, grammarians...

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

So you are saying that you are a horrible teacher and one of those responsibile for the ruining of the English language?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

No, it's just one of those rules that really never comes up. I have bigger fish to fry, trying to get kids to stop using could of, instead of could've, and "me and (insert name)..."