Tide fans/media seeing easy win over LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gold Nugget, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Of course, most of the media in Alabama are indeed Alabama fans, so there is some redundancy there. Now by Game 4 its somewhat normal for the "Saban Bowl" talk to have evaporated. But living here in Birmingham its really odd how there is virtually no concern or discussion about the LSU game. All talk,focus is on Auburn and whether its better for them to be 11-0 or 10-1 when they face Alabama with the SEC/BCS on the line and then is South Carolina or Florida a better team to face in the SEC title game.

LSU has the Tide folks as concerned as if they were playing Memphis or Wake Forest Saturday.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

NOBODY thinks LSU will win saturday, but I cant argue. What has LSU done to prove or show anybody that they will?

I want a win as much as anybody, but ....My prediction, we lose by 11

If you hate me for it, sorry

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

when you say nobody, i don't think that does it any justice. I think you mean NOBODY!!!! LSU is a joke in the eyes of the media. None of the heads are even talking about this game this weekend.

There was a sportsnation poll question, that asked which game are you more likely to watch this weekend.

UTAH vs. TCU
    Bama Vs. LSU

and 3 others.

60 something % said Utah TCU
    30 % said LSU Bama. wtf???

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Everyone I have spoken to, Bama fans, LSU fans, the media, Big 12 people even fellow SEC friends.
    Predict a Bama rout.

Vegas also has us a pretty big underdog at home.

So we are not expected to win this game by really anyone. But of course none of these people actually play game.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

Its pretty disgusting to listen to any sports talk show or read any articles regarding the BCS right now. ALL the talk is how Bama is going backdoor there way in there and ALL eyes & mouths are on the iron bowl thats a month away.

ALL assuming Bama will just whistle while they work straight past LSU (To quote Jesse Palmer "A very highly over-ranked LSU team") & past Moo U - who has put in work this year and deserves some f-ing credit!!

But again, we havent done much to show or prove we deserve a spot in the top 10 - When i say that, I am referring to our program. Mainly our coaches, our players and the PURE FOOTBALL TALENT they bring to the table is the only reason we only have 1 loss.

These players are extremely talented and its just a damn shame to watch it used so poorly

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I ain't so sure. I've been to the TideFans web site and they definitely have mixed emotions about the game. All are confident in their team, but very few dismiss LSU outright and almost none expect a blowout. Most expect a low-scoring affair and a close game.

The funny thing is how many of them think they will win because of their record here in the 20th century, like that means squat.

You can't blame the media. I'd pick Alabama, too, based on our pathetic excuse for an passing offense.

1 person likes this.
  7. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

Fear the hat!!

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You know...this is exactly the type of game Saban has difficulty getting his team ready for.

Exhibit one: South Carolina.
    Exhibit two: Utah

These games, where the fans (and players) think that they're entitled to win because they're Bama, are the games where Bama under performs.

They look at LSU and see Miles and Jefferson and can't imagine losing to a couple of clowns...as they're portrayed by the media.

I look at LSU and see :tigereye:

9. LSU_4_LIFE

+1

The tide fans that are feeling un-easy is not because its LSU, its more because the they are lacking confidence in their team and their QB.

But like you said, you cant get angry at the media for assuming a Bama Win, LSU doesnt exactly light up the highlight reel when it comes to college football, and they damn sure are not the 1st team that comes to mind when you consider the SEC.

As for Bama's record here, and Les Miles record in games following a loss, its all bullsh!t, what happens on the field saturday happens on the field saturday, and based on my knowledge of watching Bama football THIS season, and watching LSU football THIS season, I say 27-16 Alabama.

Sorry to the fans who get pissed at me

10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Not pissed...just wondering why you completely discount this team and its abilities. We put together some offense against Florida. We can do it again. And 'Bama is going to have to seriously work for anything they get against our defense. And with the way our ST plays, they are going to have to march it all the way down the field on every drive. There are a lot of intagibles in this game that you're not considering.

We had them on the ropes for the past two years...when they had better teams and we had worse teams. Don't think this LSU team will roll over.