Tide fans/media seeing easy win over LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gold Nugget, Nov 3, 2010.

1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

LSU has been saving much of their offense just for this game. It is LSU that will rout Bama (or am I dreaming?).

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I can tell you one person who is taking this game seriously and has concern. That is Saban. He has been in this dog fight and knows that no matter what obstacles Miles may face with his team, Miles will have his team ready to fight to the finish. Saban knows that the last 2 times didn't come easy: 1 in OT and the other gift wrapped. Both of those teams had less going for them than this team.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I am not discounting the team at all. I am saying based on the performances I have seen on the field from both of these teams, Bama is more consistent, uses their weapons and talent better, and is more likely to win this game, and the media along with vegas and most of the college football world agrees.

Now as stated above "we can do it again" yes you are absolutely right, but when? When will that passing attack show back up? When will we become consistent?

Intangibles will very game to game, I mean if we take the opening kickoff to the house and then a force a pick six on Bama's first offensive series going up 14-0 with out our offense touching the field ANYTHING is possible.

Deep down I see talent in this team, but the question remains, when? When is this team going to consistently play to their potential?

I am only being realistic.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

This is a solid statement and I agree 100%

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

LOL, It took us 3 years to convince Coach Saban that it's Auburn, Tennessee and then LSU. He never bought in. As for the rest of us, whoever us is, Us, ain't playing.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Exactly. We fans and the media can say whatever we want, and base it on what our eyes see, but it is the players out there getting smacked around that will tell you how tough an opponent is. Past experience says that each of these 2 teams has a mutual respect for each other.

A respect that shows on the field and a respect on how closely fought these games have been. The only thing that will be easy about this game is the breath the winning team can exhale when the fight is over, and even that maybe just a little painful.

Outside media and fan banter just adds fuel to the fire. So, in my opinion the Bama, the National, and even the local media can under estimate the Tigers and Miles all they want, win or lose Bama will know they were in a fight with a winner.

1 person likes this.
  7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm in. Felt all along the game would be tougher then Florida. Everyone knows where we are going. Elite talent, good coaching, home field, that's what I'm reading.

But then, I had this rivalry figured out in the 70's. Swallow hard and hang on.

8. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Well, maybe, in the 20th century but, we are in the 21st century, the century of the Tiger (or the gator! :yelwink2:) SEC Football by the Numbers: Team of the Decade | al.com .

:milesmic::lsup::milesmic::lsup: :milesmic:

9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I think, given the by-weeks for each team, one hopes they'll both bring their 'A' games. That said, if LSU can play to their true potential, stop with the three-&-out garbage we've see wasting so many drives, and finally get their collective groove on, then LSU can do the right and proper thing by beating 'Bama during MY FIRST EVER LIVE ATTENDANCE IN DEATH VALLEY (wish it were a NIGHT game)!

(Oddly enough, I will be literally hanging around with Mike during the Pre-Game festivities! Just look for the guy from Arizona--I'll be easy to spot--I'll be wearing a purple/gold windbreaker and an LSU hat. As easy to identify as Waldo!)

GEAUX TIGERS! SEE ALL Y'ALL IN THE STANDS!

10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Man, I'm happy for you. My first LSU game was against Miss State at 11 in the morning, and the friggin rain came CLOSE to the stadium and they delayed it like two hours (okay, maybe it just felt like it) for "lightning". :rolleye33: I wound up going home before the third quarter.

The weather will be PERFECT for you, and the implications of this game will be far greater than that one. And night game or not, it's still a LOT better than 11 AM. Enjoy it, man!