Tide fans/media seeing easy win over LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gold Nugget, Nov 3, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Dude, I feel the same way you do in that aspect, I am not walking around sulking, I am pumped up about this game, it may not seem that way in my post, thats just me talking un-biased college football in my explanation to as to why we are picked to lose, but believe me, I am wearing my purple & gold, my flag in the front yard is soaring high and I am hoping like hell our boys come out angry & hungry and take it to bama.

You are right, fck bama!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

from all the stuff i am reading in the media, hearing on CBSC, and ESPN, we shouldn't even play this game. Just tell Bama they can stay home and have a victory, we should just pack it in.

F*ck them!!!!

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Yeah, Phock Them!!!

(just trying to fit in!) :hihi:

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I understand what our eyes have seen, but regardless of how poorly this team has played and executed, regardless of how AU/Cam ran up and down the field on us we are 2 errant pass plays away from being 8-0. If TT had caught the pass that hit him in the hands he was a free run to the end zone. Had RR caught the pass that he got his hands on instead of tipping it into and int, he was a free run to the end zone.

Yes this team and coaching staff have been hanging by a thread and barely getting by in many ways, but despite that, despite all the ugliness have managed to get this team to a 7-1 record that could have easily been 8-0. Had those 2 plays, just those 2 been successful we would be talking about an 8-0 team going up against a 7-1 team in our house. I really don’t see Bama having all this great advantage and easy task to get through us. Frankly I really don’t think they will. This team and coaches will find a way to win this game, because in this game those same 2 passes won’t be dropped.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's just dumb. I have seen nothing from Bama to indicate a rout. They're lucky to have only one loss, just like LSU.

6. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Sabanfan again.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While your optimism is admirable, let's be realistic... while yes, it is very nice being 7-1 and in control of our own destiny so to speak... Had UNC completed either pass in the end zone, had UT not had 2 too many players on the field and had our reciever dropped the pass in the end zone at the end of the Florida game... we could realistically be looking at 4-4.

8. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

I know some you thrive on being Debbie Downers, but if we're going to go the 'what if' route on how we "should be 4-4" or whatever, lets consider as well as being realistic :

*had a very,very questionable at best holding call not been called on the OL, LSU goes up 37-10 on North Carolina in the 4th and that baby is over

*Screw Tennessee and 13 men. That weren't in the middle of a heroic goal line stand. Had LSU merely spiked the ball on 3rd down with :20 or so, we score and win ,albeit a squeaker, and the Dooley pity party takes a different turn

*Now how 'not dropping a touchdown pass' from the 10 or so is "lucky" is beyond me but again I realize some of you thrive in being miserable. But even at that had LSU not given Florida td drives from the LSU 17 and 16 plus a kickoff return for a td, Ridley is running the belly series on that last drive with LSU up 20-7.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yo slick, read his post and then mine, I was just merely using the same arguement he did for "we could be 8-0" to show how we could also be 4-4. As for a debbie downer... yeah I guess that's accurate, I can down some little debbies when their around.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That’s just the point. You can look at us and because we see thru a microscope we can pick ourselves apart and see how we could be 4-4 just as easily as we are 7-1. I guarantee you that AU fans were shaking in their boots when they were in a dog fight with Miss St and were in almost panic mode and breathing a sigh of relief against us. The same goes for Bama against Ark, where of course there was no assistance from our ever so perfect SEC refs, and obviously they were exposed by USCe. My point is if one were to look at all of them thru the same microscope you would find equal flaws, they maybe in different areas and the gaffs may not be as obvious, but they are there. I’m not saying that we don’t have issues, because I know we do, just that so do other teams. Issues that even with our glaring problems we have managed to be 7-1. The very same record as Bama. Our loss is by less to a better team and just like Bama we have needed the ball to bounce our way to win a game or 2.

Being realistic, I just don’t see the major advantage that Bama has over us, that so many are willing to dismiss us like we were some cupcake. As I pointed out before, I can guarantee that Saban and Bama’s players aren’t taking this game as lightly as some others. I can guarantee that they know this is another game that they could very well lose. Based on everything I have said and the fact that it is in our house I just see us coming out on top in this one. Getting to an 8-1 record, but of course if/when we do it won’t be because the Tigers were the better team or a good team, it will be because Bama isn’t as good as many had thought.