Tide loses two footballers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I think more of it had to do with Keys has been an on going problem and had more than one "second chance". But the majority of coaches (even tubbs) will go lighter on a player that is more valuable to the team than someone who's second string or below......its human nature. Doesn't make it right but its reality in this day and age. It's not limited to the University of Alabama either.:thumb:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd have to say Keys was most likely on a third strike and you're out kind of deal anyway. I'm sure when Bama took him after he was kicked out of high school here for commiting a federal offense that they had him on some kind of probation.

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Could you cite me some specific examples of Tuberville taking it easier on a "more valuable" player?

4. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

"Unfortunately" I don't keep up or follow Auburn football enough to "cite" that kind of situation. My point is that more times than not it is common for coaches to give that "one more chance" to a player that is more valuable than someone that is buried on the depth chart, and odds are every coach in today's game (including Tubbs) has been guilty of this. If Tubbs is the exception I "sincerely" apologize. :wink:

If this wasn't the case you'd see a hell of a lot more starters being "kicked off" teams than what you see now......which isn't many. Instead of the "one game suspension" or the "not starting" punishment. :hihi: Yet the ole third stringer can fart too loud and he's gone.

5. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Happened after the season and kept him out of spring drills.

6. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Ok, just so we're clear: you were talking out of your ass. Glad we got that straight.:thumb:

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

c'mon, that's a little harsh, eh westfau?

IMO, bb was jus' talking in generalities, not specific cases. ..... and to tell the truth, the buzzard is one of the more lucid bama fans i've seen post anywhere in a very long time. he seems to have a grasp on the current situation and doesn't use past results to diminish the current environment. Just my $0.02 :thumb:

[​IMG]