Tidefans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

are discussung how bad LSU fans are. I know fans at LSU are loud and the student section can get wild. I still cann't believe a school that recently had a Georgia visiter beat after a game would even bring the subject of LSU behavior up. Tiger Bait! Geaux Tiger! I brought this up in the thread and was told it was a flame. Actually it was a fact. I would say 99% of the discussion on that thread was BS.

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

3. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

tigerfan..most tide fans do not feel that way, just as most LSU fans are class acts. I don't think its fair to sterotype any schools fans. I have said a million times "we all have those"!

4. Bengal Stan

Bengal Stan Freshman

Bama fans are alright. Very few whiners in that

bunch. Bama fans are arrogant and expect to win, but don't whine like Auburn fans if they don't, IMHO. Bama fans are okay by me.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: Bama fans are alright. Very few whiners in that

I can't remember the whole story or which Alabama player said this but once upon a time, someone ask a team member which team they respected the most and the reply was LSU. When asked why he said, They knock you down, spit in your face and cuss you, now that's football.

I will drink with the LSU fans before and after the game. Been there done that. I guess I have too much rice and gravy in me to think too badly of LSU fans. Stan is right we are an arrogant bunch and expect to win, shouldn't all fans? But you won't see me here Sunday whining and crying about the game if LSU wins. I don't cry about the officials, I don't harp on the fans. I may say who had the best boudin and coldest beer.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You raise a good point Bayou... It's a lot easier to come in here after a loss if you haven't been mouthing off all week about what who's going to do whom.

7. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

Bama fans

By and large, the Bama fans that I know or have met in person are pretty ok. I post often on Tidefans.com and I can say the same for them. Gump Central (the TI board) is a completely different story. I honestly know lots of Tide fans who are embarrassed by that lot. The ruckus over Saban's "team speech" proved that beyond a doubt.