Tiga Dundee & The Yote

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Nov 7, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

After running my lines, I pulled my tiny, battered boat into the slip of the muddy waters of the bayou. While I was tying the boat, I could hear yotes howling in the distance.

Disregarding them, I rekindled the fire where my tent was pitched. As the sun disappeared, the campsite, located in an area with one side being wooded while the other was pasture. Too tired to worry, I lay down for the night. As usual, I had my glock close by. As when I camp, I also had a machete and a skinning knife.

I fell asleep fairly quickly but was awakened in the middle of the night. I could hear the snarling of a beast outside my tent. Being brave as I am, I unzipped the entrance to see what my fate was. As I did, the yote leaped onto me and knocked me back into the tent. Momentarily confused, I reached for my machete and swung hitting the beast in his back end as I used my other hand to grab the bastard and choke him down-essentially killing him with my bare hands.

Do not worry though. Other than a few too many ultralites, I am okay.

[​IMG]

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

So when he ran out in front of your truck did you pick him up then or after your beer run.

GiantDuckFan and tigerchick46 like this.
  3. LSUTiga

Actually I was coming out on a levee road. It has rice on one side and a very small strip of woods and a bayou on the other. When I made the corner he took off and having my .22 I thought I may get a shot but he kept running. He followed the road on a turn so I figured he was committed to the road so I floored it. Didn't know for sure if I'd gotten him. When I backed up he was 90% dead but I put a .22 in his skull.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

why did you kill him?

fanatic likes this.
  5. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

cant say why he did but i kill em bc they are some calf, fawn, turkey, chicken and rabbit eating machines and in my area are vastly overpopulated and have spread into the yards and tear up people's trash all the time. Even been several cats and small lap type dogs that have been eaten by them. And they are loosing their fear of people......my grandpaw was bushhogging our field a couple years ago and had a big male come out of the tall grass all bristled up and would not run off. Instead he came towards him......boom. But had this been one my kids runnin in the field which they do regularly it may have had a much worse ending. Last week I built a fire in my back yard and was sitting there watching the flames dance listening to ball game and had one walk up to the fence and look at me. I got up and walked towards it trying to get to where I could kill it with my pistol(all I had on me at that moment and it never did run. Just stood there and let me walk up and pop it. That is not normal behavior. I am not saying there are packs of man eating coyotes running around Latimer.....just saying they are becoming a major problem.

gyver likes this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He killed it because he's going to eat it.

7. LSUTiga

Yeah they aren't scared of tractors. Shot 3 one day from a tractor while plowing. Long time ago though.

And your reasons for killing them are mine also.

Hell no. I started to string his ass up and let him rot hanging. I'd kill everyone if I could. They asjust litters though, I once read. If the food supply is down they'll have one or two pups. If food is plentiful (or the population decreases) they'll have 3 or 4.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was only kidding. :D

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I snuffed you out like you did wyle e.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Interesting part was my grandpaw stopped the tractor and got off it.....but the yote stayed aggressive even with him walking towards it and it just stayed bristled up slowly walking at him. Nope he's got to go.