Tiga, Sensation, how's work been?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Today...

[​IMG]

Friday...

[​IMG]

New redfish ride...

Cajun Sensation and stevescookin like this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I never had an ice chest that full because I used to live out in the marsh at first on a quarterboat and then at a camp...the first large scale commercially successful redfish farm in the USA. I would catch what I needed and then quit. The bay was the best refrigerator around.

It was located in the suburbs of Golden Meadow....Barataria bay !!

I miss those days. I used to go barefoot in the marsh and wear my "air Dardar's" (white boots) only when I was walking on a barge deck. I'll never forget the smell of the marsh and life back then. Lots of hard work just keeping the old Lister light plant running.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

4. Cajun Sensation

What do you use to catch all them reds, Fishead?

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He has a stunner.

Fish that is a pretty pic but you can keep all the saltwater fish. I'm a freshwater man. Picked up 30 white perch the other night. Sorry, no pics.

red55 likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Steve, that isn't that big of an icechest. It's just a two man limit of reds last Friday, and a two man limit of reds yesterday, along with a couple trout.

CS, we've done 4 trips in the new boat this month. Every single fish that's been boated has fallen victim to a saltwater assasin paddle tail on a jighead, except for one I caught yesterday on a spinnerbait. We don't use live or dead bait for reds. Occasionally we'll use live skrimp for trout in the summer.

Tiga, you need to head south and get some real fishing in. I love to eat sac a lait though!

Steve, we usually don't keep a lot of fish, but after having been in Tennessee, Indiana, and then NJ for so long, my stock was really low. I had to fill the freezer. :) My brother usually gives me most of the fish we catch, since I live so close to our parents, and usually share mine with them. For instance, yesterday, I took home 7 of the reds, plus all the trout. He took home 3 reds.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

What color saltwater assassin?

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

9. Cajun Sensation

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Honestly, we just found a hot new spot. A little luck, a little skill. Found it on a map/google earth, and went to check it out. Turns out to be likely the best spot I've ever found. It has a hundred perfect redfish ponds within a square mile, which will be better when it gets warmer/higher water. But even the open bodies of water around are perfect for trout and reds. Shallow flats all over the place, but deep water nearby for the fish to have refuge in a cold snap. Oyster reefs, points, cuts, good current...perfection. It's a 30 minute ride from the launch, but once you're there, you don't have to crank the motor again until you're ready to leave, because there's a thousand great spots within that square mile.