Tiga, Sensation, how's work been?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Holy shit. You are the man.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I don't think there's anything wrong with limiting out. Like you said, stocks can get low. I was just reminded of how I used to fish when I lived out in the marsh for years.

I wasn't a sport fisherman...I used to fish for food only. That's why I used to pop a cork for specs with 30 lb test line. I didn't play around, I used to yank them in hard so I could go back to the camp and eat.

When normal people have time off they like to get away from it all by fishing. I used to get away from it all by putting on dockers and boat shoes and going to the mall. Now I'd rather go fishing !!!! :D

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I didn't take it that way.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I also grew up fishing freshwater. Cane pole fishing for bream and catfish may not be exciting, but its good eating. Casting for bass is fun, but I can fill up an ice chest quicker with 2 or three cane poles and bobbers.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh on the contrary I find it more exciting. Too many days in the Burns or Lacassine with nothing but a sunburn ruined me from bass fishing. I love all the action with bream. Them lil suckas pull hard for their size.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

If bream weighed 7-10 lbs, I'd be a bream fishermen too. I just can't get into something that's no challenge. I like bass fishing alright, but would rather do it in the marsh where it might be a bass, might be a 20 lb red. :)

And honestly, I think the thing that I love most about redfishing is that most of it (that I do) takes place in a foot of water or so. It's like hand to hand combat lol. Nothing like seeing a red, making a good cast, watching him eat, setting the hook, and then watching him go ballistic ripping drag off the reel. I just got wood thinking about it...

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I come out of a State Park OFTEN with a bunch of big ones and others aren't catching. I love fishing for white perch with yo-yo's too. I won't say it's a challenge but it's a freakin blast. Much better tasting than that strong ass saltwater fish too. :D

[​IMG]

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

White perch is in the same league taste wise with small speckled trout. It's no better IMO. And small reds cooked properly are amazing. You like crab cakes? Try redfish cakes. :)

Fried bream are heads and shoulders above all other fried fish.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I love to eat Patasaa...but there's no greater thrill that a 5lb red pulling on your line.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. My dad liked to cook them whole and pick the meat off the bones with his fingers. But Mom was a wizard with a filet knife and she could turn a chest full of fish into a pile of bream filets in no time. I can eat them either way, just fine.