Tigahs @ Commodores game 3

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, May 1, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In-F**KING-credible. Some people are just not happy unless they're complaining. They win the lottery and bitch about the tax.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Now that is something to bitch about. :rofl:

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Headed up to Nashville to see the Saturday and Sunday games, and because of the rainout got to see the whole series.

Observations: There were 2 Tiger fans for every Vandy fan.

The park was nice. It doesn't have that many seats, but that isn't really a problem.

Vandy cannot lay down a decent bunt. They tried sac bunts 7 or 8 times this weekend and only advanced one runner. The runner did not score.

Mestypey just seems to be pitching without confidence. After the Georgia game I thought he was unbeatable, now I'm just hoping he'll come back to form.

The guy who started for Vandy in game 3 is a Communist. No doubt in my mind he was trying to hit our guys.

Greg Smith, where the hell did he come from.

Determan played first base in the 9th in game two. That was amusing to me.

What is with some of our veteren guys. Gill, Liuzza, and Mestepey are not up to snuff this year and that is a shame.

Our team has guts and can fight.

After 17 years of attending LSU baseball games I cought my first foul ball.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

17 years and caught your first foul ball? How many did you drop in those 17 years butter fingers? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Mestepey will be fine, he just has an affliction I liken to the "shanks" in golf. I look for him to come out and dominate by the Miss. St. series, if not, I think you have to move him to mid week or relief and let Determan/Meier/Ramirez start Fridays... hell having him in the pen would be a plus... but I'd rather him get outa his funk and start dominating.

Gill's shoulder is still bothering him, which is why he sat out Game2 on Saturday. His shoulder rehab was rushed, and playing third as early as he did has hurt him.

Liuzza is still listed as high as 76 on the draft prediction on Baseball America... Liuzza will come around also post season.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I forgot about Gill's shoulder. I agree that Liuzza and Lane will come around. I just wish they would do it soon.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

12 lob is not a good sign. bitch at the poster for bitching but it is indicative of not being able to play small ball (big surprise) or no/little timely hitting. no big deal for a game or two--especially with smith or dirks pitching---but can consistently win like that. :geauxtige

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

yeah well, there have been plenty of pitchers that this sort of thing happens to and they NEVER get it back. remember mark wholers and rick ankiel? both went from being aces to literally hating any proximity of the strike zone...forever. as much as i hate to say it, its looking more and more like this is what's happened to lane. the guy goes from going something like 3 starts w/o a BB 3 yrs ago to walking what seems like a dozen per outing. something that drastic usually doesn't fix itself overnight. but i hope you're right. it would be such a shame for him to finish his career at LSU like this.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

that's right. you can get away with doing that to a team like vandy, but it will KILL you in the postseason.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Small ball is for teams without volatile/powerful offenses... so they can take advantage of a runner on... our 4/5 hitters have damn near 30 hrs alone... small ball is for bit ches.