Tigahs @ Commodores game 3

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, May 1, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

on a differnt note, what greg smith has done is just incredible for the collegiate level...no less in the SEC. i had very high hopes for him, given what i had seen last year. he and dirks have the potential to become as powerful a 1-2 punch as those guys from CSF last year...windsor and some other dude.

unfreakingbelievable. :eek:

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Romero

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

And just to think that my freshman year (his jr year) we beat him 3-2 to advance to the state championship game against JC. That was the BEST high school baseball game ever played (IMO of course.) Pitching dominated the game and it was a thriller (all runs in the game were solo homeruns.) I never would have thought Smith would have gone on to be such a dominate player at LSU. The same can be said about Chris Jackson, who we also played against NUMEROUS times. Ah, the memories..

4. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

jayb, where did you go to school?? i'm an assumption boy...we played chris many times also...same district

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol so 3 bad starts is a sign of wohlers/ankiel? you should really watch more baseball. that's beyond funny.

all managers should begin to worry. Curt Schilling has a 7+ ERA. Hall of Fame be damned. Barry Zito sucks.

6. tirk

every team leaves 12 runners on base many times throughout a season. Forunately, we hit more homers than all of them to make up for it.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bad analogy, these guys were both head cases who were throwing pitches every where except to the catcher when a batter stepped up to the plate. Lane is having a little mechanical problem.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Agree wholeheartedly. Earl Waever said if you play for one run that's all you get. Small ball is for situations when you NEED one run. Otherwise you go balls to the wall for the big inning. Vandy tried to play small ball and it lead to a lot of DPs. I'd give rep if I could.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

watch MORE baseball? son, THAT is beyond funny. 3 bad starts? try all of last year and this year. lane has not been the same AT ALL in that time span. sure, he's not throwing it clear over the backstop. but can you honestly say you've seen the same LM since '02? how do you go from not walking one batter over the period of several games to equaling your previous seasons BB total before the 6th inning in a single outing?

right. maybe you didn't catch that whole postseason bit. those saving homers don't come so easily in omaha, where the pitching is a cut above what we see week in and week out. '2 and a BBQ' mean anything to you?

10. tirk

ben mcdonald gave up lots of homers throughout his career but was the #1 pick in the draft. good point. give up a couple homers in the CWS you have no future.

you're trying to imply lane shouldn't start because of 3 bad starts. While that is a kneejerk reaction of most fans, myself included at times, its more often the wrong reaction, sugah.

Lane was bad ALL of last year??????

What about his improvement to this point? You dont have the injury he had and expect to regain form overnight.

He was the team leader on this staff merely a month ago.

short memories.