Tiga's Beach Volleyball Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, May 12, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

per an advocate article hess was advised to work in his changeup more often prior to the hogs game in the sect. if we could get a repeat performance out of hess we could make this thing interesting

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just win today. Extremely unlikely but what if OSU loses to Northwestern State? Would CPM use Hess vs the Demons or save him for game 3? A couple of years ago R Kansas lost to the #4 seed in their regional with the Pigs ace on the mound for game one. This year they are starting their ace vs #4 seed Oral Roberts.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I don’t see anyway Hess doesn’t start and will have to go deep like in the hog game to keep as many arms rested as much as possible

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

QUOTING PAUL MAINIERI
    “If you want to win in the postseason, everyone on your team has to play at a level that maybe has not been seen during the year. We need everybody to contribute, and that’s what happens when you get to this stage of the season. San Diego State is a championship team and a very confident team. They come from a baseball-rich area, and I coached enough games against them when I was at Air Force to know that caliber of players San Diego State has. We’re looking forward to opening the tournament against an outstanding ball club … We have a lot of confidence in (LSU starting pitcher) Nick Bush; he’s grown tremendously as a pitcher, and he’s a great competitor whose made a lot of clutch pitches for us this year.”

5. LSUTiga

ABOUT SAN DIEGO STATE
    • San Diego State has won a Mountain West Conference title in five of the past six seasons.
    • San Diego State is hitting .305 as a team with 43 home runs and 27 stolen bases in 48 attempts … the Aztec pitching staff has a 3.90 team ERA and is allowing a .251 opponent batting average with 24 home runs.
    • Three SDSU players have eight or more home runs – junior infielder Jordan Verdon (12), junior outfielder Chad Bible (9) and junior catcher Dean Nevarez (8).
    • Senior outfielder Chase Calabuig is the Aztecs’ leading hitter, batting .359 with 21 doubles, six triples, five homers, 46 RBI and 54 runs.
    • Fourth-year San Diego State head coach Mark Martinez coached against LSU coach Paul Mainieri when Martinez was an assistant at New Mexico and Mainieri was the head coach at Air Force from 1989-94.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

A weird irony, but posting baseball in a thread designed to keep tiga out of the baseball threads...

I think that summerizes this season perfectly.

Welcome back tiga. Do, that voodoo, that you do.

So does this mean Brett is not dead? Or did a mod just lift his finger prints??

LSUTiga and Bengal B like this.
  7. LSUTiga

How bout a score? I can't find the game.

Edit: Nvr mind. A they have a scoreboard on TD

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just for speculation IF we were to play NW State in the marble game I would start somebody else and then try to win the regional on Sunday with Hess.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I was thinking that too

10. LSUTiga

@CajunlostinCali

Rally tiga. :D

dachsie, kcal and stevescookin like this.