Tiger 40 times

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Aug 22, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If anyone believes all of these 40 times I have some swamp land I'm trying to sell that would make a beautiful subdivision.

Also, XC times in the 100, 200 and 400 prove he is very fast but they don't equate to how fast he will run on a football field. The thing that actually impresses me the most about him is that he is fast at all 3 distances, especially the 400 since that shows great strength and endurance.

Has anyone else ever read Jon Maddens book "One Knee equals Two Feet and Everything Else You Need to Know About Football". In it he says that when he was in control of the Raiders they never even looked at the forty times that were posted on guys. They would take them to their field, put them in full pads and time them on the playing surface. That makes a lot of sense to me. He said that there were many guys who had world class speed in shorts on a track but they couldn't run near as fast on a football field. He goes on to say many more interesting things about speed in this book.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Just quotes from the magizine SOUTHEASTERN FOOTBALL SATURDAYS.....I don't even own a stop watch. When I run a 40, you need an hour glass. Hold on to that swamp land. This mag says Vandy has signed guys that are 6'4"--280--4.8 2) 6'2"--280--4.6 3) 6'2"--300---5.1 If this mag does not post correctly, then they will be out of business shortly. SEC fans are not stupid. It is a well covered publication. Nice pics., etc. Your land may be worth something after all.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Heck Colonel, all of the big summer rags have been posting bogus info for yewars and years, if they all all wrong it's ok. The players are actually probably still comparable. The guys for every team that they say ran 4.3 all actually run 4.5 or so. Right on down the line. the guys that are listed at 6-6 are all probably really 6-4.5 or so. Hell, we all thought Clayton was 6-4 for the past 3 years but he is really 6-2.5.