Tiger Basketball Seniors...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger4Ever, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Tiger4Ever

Tiger4Ever Freshman

Could the Seniors who participated in the game yesterday have gone out on a better note? I really wish the seniors who didn't get to play would have gotten a chance, but the game simply didn't allow for that. There work is greatly appreciated though, and I am sure they know that.
    As for the starting Seniors, I truly think everyone of them played their hearts out in their last game. The hustle throughout the game was unbelievable. Bright, Temple III, Dupree and Bridgewater all played full-speed the entire time they were out there. What are some of your thoughts on these guys last game in the PMAC???

Also, could Temple have gone out any better than with that dunk at the end of the game!?!?!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We'll miss these guys. They came to LSU when many others shied away due to the sanctions. Win or lose, we owe these guys a debt of gratitude. Bright and Dupree could have gone anywhere they wanted. I'll take guys like them over a thousand Chris Duhons any day.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

We will definitely miss these guys. one thing i am excited about looking forward though is Darrell Mitchell...the guy is awesome and has "Stromile type" ups at 5'11".

Next year's starting line-up/back-ups

1 - Whipple/Minor/Charlie
    2- Mitchell/Gipson
    3-Hudson/?
    4-Bass/Lazare
    5-Lloreda/Koujar (sp. ?)

Not bad if a 2nd big man can step up.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not too shabby.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Josh Maravich suddenly started playing like his daddy? I don't see it happening but I have a series of 4 video tapes that Pete made on shooting, passing, ball handleing and dribbleing. I gave them to my nephews (aged 9 and 11) The 9 year old broke his arm in an accident unrelated to basketball and had to sit out the season but the 11 year old improved his game enough to go from a benchwarmer who only got into the game during garbage time to one of his teams best players.

I don't have the tapes but I had them converted to CDs. If anybody on this forum has a kid who plays basketball I would be glad to send them a copy

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I think that lineup looks pretty good, however I think Regis Koundjia, will play small forward. I have seen him listed as 6'8" but The Insiders has him listed at 6'6" 190 lbs. I think that is pretty accurate.
    I suspect that Minor, if he can accept coaching, will be splitting time at the PG and probably take over the position before the season is over.
    Ross Neltner plays Center on his HS team. I think he will play behind Lloreda. His HS Coach says he is a good passer, sees the floor well, and can also score facing the basket.
    The future looks bright. Even brighter if Pierre can sign the big guy from Prentiss, Mississippi.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

And how about that oop/dunk from Dupree just before that? He was so high above the rim that he had to come back down before dunking!

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good group of guys

I think good things happen to good people and I'm glad these guys went out on a positive note. Torris has been criticized for 4 years and Collis a lot this year, most of it valid. They redeemed themselves and then some. I hope Dupree gets a shot on the next level. I guarantee they aren't satisfied yet. Although we have a good group coming in next year, I think the moment is now. We have all the parts in place and anything is possible once you get in the tourney.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Agreed. This group of Seniors is one of the best I can remember, on and off of the court. They are true role models that we should all be proud of.