Tiger Fan at the Great Wall in China

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerpaw, Mar 22, 2003.

1. lsutigerpaw

lsutigerpaw Founding Member

Hi, this is lsutigerpaw (Chris) with a picture of me at the Great Wall in China. Tiger fans all over the World! Geaux Tigers !

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Great picture Chris.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

That has to be one awesome site.

4. lsutigerpaw

Great Wall

Yea, maybe y'all ought to ask Skip if he could get a similar type wall built around the top of Tiger Stadium so that we could watch the game and tail gate at the same time.

The Great Wall was spectacular and if you ever get a chance to go there, by all means do so. China really shows no signs of being a Communist country, there are a lot of Western'ers there. You can actually get a round trip coach ticket from US to Asia for about $700, only $150 more than I paid the last 2 years for a RT to Cancun, Mexico and back to New Orleans.

I work for a major oil company that is building a plant in China over the next 3 yrs. I currently reside in Yokohama, Japan till next year, then to China. Japan is expensive, China is dirt cheap!

How about another picture from my recent travels.................

Mt Fuji in Japan, around Dec 6th, 2002. Also what I see on clear days looking out my office window!

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Nice view. And relatively easy to climb. You should hike up there and plant a big LSU flag.:D

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I flew over Mt. Fuji in 1968. Glad to see it's still there. ;)

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Speaking of Tiger Fans being all over the world!!!!

I just got back from my Spring Break trip to Cozumel, Mexico. We went to eat a a Mexican Resturaunt and our waiter (a mexican guy) was wearing a LSU hat.

I could not believe it....I mean what are the odds of a diehard LSU fan in Cozumel for spring break, having a mexican waiter wearing a LSU hat....

As he walked up to take our orders I yelled "GEAUX TIGERS" he looked at me, threw up his fist, and smiled.....I don't think he had any idea what I was talking about, so I showed him my hat and he was like "Oh...Yes......Tigers....Yes".....it was awesome.

I later bought a purple and gold hammock from one of the shops...the guy wanted $75, but I talked him down to $25....(he still probably made $20) but I think it was well worth it.

8. lsutigerpaw

Tigers Around the World

When on my visit to Beijing, China the past two weeks, it was raining one morning and as I walked with my umbrella to meet my friend to take a taxi to work, a Chinese guy passes by on his bicycle with a LSU rain coat on.
    I too figured he had no idea what it was or meant. Figured he just picked up the rain coat from someone and didn't realize he was wearing ONE OF THE GREATEST RAINCOATS IN THE WORLD!

Geaux Tigers!

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

A friend of mine moved to Nagoya, Japan a few years back. Her first day their she went into a bar/grill and her waiter had an LSU hat on and in fact was an LSU grad.......was american as well. Small world.

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I've seen people with LSU gear on throughout Central America as well.