Tiger Fans Do Nothing to Shake Their Image

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 17, 2006.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Indeed. The final pass he made was thrown poorly. Had Russell been a bit more patient, or floated the pass instead of hammering it in there, the receiver would've been in the endzone.

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Tiger 420, you are a true Tiger fan. Thanks for setting the bar.

3. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

But that image doesn't have to be applied to us and we can help that. You don't have to join any PR organization just conduct yourself in the spirit of good sportsmanship, respect and representation. If you have a sense of pride then you will likely not turn a blind eye. Because of that pride, you will find it very hard to get me off my soapbox on this issue. This goes beyond football, it's about the school and the state.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so defensive on this issue.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I had to get on a guy at the Miss. St. game last year. I politely told him, that if he didn't stop what he was doing, I would throw him off the upper deck. He stopped.

We have to police our own. When you visit someone else's stadium, behave the way you would want them to in our house.

When we play at home it's OK to have fun, but treat the visiting fans with respect, just like you would like them to treat you when visiting their place.

I believe, over the last two years or so, we have done a very good job of improving our image as fans. I enjoy visiting other team's sites and reading about how their fans had such a great time while in BR, even after a loss.

Note: The above recommendations do not apply to Ole Piss.

5. edyel

edyel edyel

GO GLOAT ON YOUR OWN BOARD PAL! AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY:geauxtige TO LET US LICK OUR WOUNDS.

6. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

Bandit you are incorrect and sorry to say but persons with your attitude are the reason things have gotten the way they are in the stadiums.

It is the same in every stadium for every sport in the US. I attend Houston Texans games as I am a season ticket holder and every week in our section we have people that constantly spew foul language, fall all over the place, spill drinks on folks, etc. All the time we have many young kids at the game.

Wow what an example to set.

You say its for the authorities to handle but you are wrong they will not do anything unless its pretty much physical violence. So its up the to fans to handle situations like this.

I past times when people try to reason with the out of hand fans all they get is a blast of profanity about How I paid for my ticket and its my right to do and say whatever I want.

Utter bull****.

So Tiger420 and others keep on trying to set things right. Don't let them think all LSU fans are trash.

B

7. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

I complimented your fanbase, gave some impressions of the game because I didn't have the luxury of seeing it on TV, and told your team good luck the rest of the year. Gloating? Grow a pair dude...

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

9. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

I can't believe someone threw something at the eagle. I don't care how bad you hate Auburn, that is a really cool ritual. Oh, and by the way, a National Symbol.

10. edyel

edyel edyel

You did not see it on t.v. I did. I have seen the replays over and over. I see an AU team that is worthy of a #1 ranking.AU is that good. I also saw some things from the officials that were disturbing. I grew a pair many years ago and I am stating my opinion on MY BOARD and have contributed money to MY BOARD and as far as I am concerned YOU are a GUEST on MY BOARD! Don't let the hospitality on this board make you feel it is an AU board. Again, let us LSU Tiger fans have a day or two to calm down.:lsup: