Tiger Fans Do Nothing to Shake Their Image

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 17, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Well, technically, their type of eagle isn't a national symbol, but I get what you're saying.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

or had the defender not tackled him in mid-air........ :dis:

4. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Because "War Eagle" is not about a Bald Eagle.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Did I miss something or did the bald eagle fall off of the perch as our national bird?

Back on topic:
    I agree that we need to police our own. The authorities have enough to worry about with more violent acts. We didn't get this reputation of being obnoxious fans by acting the same as other schools. Sometime, somewhere we pushed it to another level.

If two LSU fans were doused with mustard by Auburn fans (which is assault by the way) I'd expect as much protection from their level headed fans in return. If that isn't available then I'd report such behavior to the nearest policeman. Reguardless of what is said they are there to protect both home and visiting fans. I assure you that is the case on the LSU campus...I'm betting it is the same everywhere else. Well maybe not Ole Miss...

I get tired of the profanity I say something...it is my right to let you know I disapprove. If you continue I'm willing to bet there are more on my side than yours that will persuade you to stop.

The topic of this post is misleading. I commend tiger420 for standing up and making it known to this person that his actions would not be tolerated. Tiger fans ARE doing something to shake that image.

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

While we're on the subject of rude behavior by LSU fans, what's it going to take to do away with the N-bombs tossed around in TIGER STADIUM whenever JR throws an INT or even incompletion?

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Spirit, the eagle that flew yesterday, is a Bald Eagle. Tiger has been sick (skin cancer), and I am not sure why Nova didn't fly (Both Golden Eagles)

:thumb:

BTW, every report that I have seen compliments the LSU fans who attended the game. A few dingbats on both sides, but many saw the LSU fans that I have come to know.

8. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

I just got back from Auburm. We lost. That sucked but I have never been treated so well than I was at this game. Of course I got about 30 war eagles prior to the game. I got as many great game and yall will be the best team we play all year.

Thank you Auburn for a great SEC enviroment. What a war that game war.
    It is why I am proud my team plays in the SEC.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Tiger 420...... I agree with you 100%. I posted on the USC board some of the positive things Arizona fans said about their game day experience and how well they were treated.

I received some sincere replies at how they were surprised because of all of the things they had heard. One even told me he wouldn't come to Death Valley if USC played LSU because his wife was scared- and a fan of another team told me of something really tasteless that was said to his mother.

We have a classy organization and need to market it as such. It's unfortunate that one idiot or even a normally rational person who gets on the juice can do something and it reflects on all of us. If fellow fans know they will be called out when the line between fun and harassment are crossed it might curtail some of the inappropriate behavior that occurs.

I'm not saying we shouldn't yell, "Tiger bait", and things like that but just not cross the line or friendly competition and ignorance.

Even when I was very sceptical with the hiring of Coach Miles, I told people he was definitely the kind of guy you want your daughter to marry. Class starts at the top and I find him to be very classy. We need to follow suit.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

All teams have good and bad fans from college to the pros.
    They are everywhere and probably has something to do with their character.
    I don't want LSU fans doing this stuff but you have to realize this stuff will happen anywhere.

The good news is that other LSU fans pointed the bad fan out.
    I just find this thread a little silly.