Tiger Fans Do Nothing to Shake Their Image

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 17, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I've only seen the Golden Eagles. I had no idea that you had a Bald Eagle. My bad.

2. J_slice

J_slice Freshman

I saw some great examples of LSU fan ignorance as well. One was the guy in front of me. He did have great eyes though becuase from the 28th row of the upper deck the guy could see every play perfectly...and when the refs missed a call he would go into a drunken cussing rage for 10 minues. He would then seek out Auburn fans and call them f'n cheaters to their face.

My favoirite would be the LSU guy that got in a fistfight with some AU guys. I did see one AU student with a puffy eye, but the LSU fan was laid out on the ground with blood covering his new $60 shirt. The medical staff was asking him where he was and he kept saying LSU. A medical golf cart had to drive up the ramps to the upper deck to haul him off. It is painful enough to lose a game but to then get your butt kicked too...Nice. Way to go.

If what I saw from my seat is anywhere near the norm, I can not take my son to a game.

On a possitive note, the AU fans were great to us ( I am sure there were some idiots on their side too but we didn't see them).

On the way back to the car we were complemented several times o the team and the fans. I am glad they didn't meet the idiots that I did.

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

While your feeeling all High & Mighty in Alabama running down LSU Fans, maybe you can explain this incident:

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=2962242

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I actually saw that guy as I was walking out. Stayed in the upper deck for a long time after the game. As I was walking out I saw the paramedics loading him onto the cart......there was blood everywhere!

6. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I saw nothing but passionate LSU fans (and quite a few of them at that) yesterday and none were acting like jackasses. A handful were a bit tipsy, but that is nothing unusual for a college football game. You guys got a bad rap the last few years because of the few turds in the punchbowl that act like complete idiots. Glad to see that y'all are taking your reputation back.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

jackasses?? No this is Criminal. This Auburn "Fan" bypassed being a just a jackass.

8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Well done! :thumb:

9. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

Personally, I agree a little bit with everyone...

yeah there are a lot of great fans at LSU (some are rude and crude, some just sit there, some cheer, some dont...) point is people get into the game at different levels at different points in their lives... I personally dont want to see LSU fans turn soft and not to talk a little smack on the way to the stadium... I rather enjoy yelling "quite campus" and "let's geaux tigers" at the top of my lungs to just about every opposing fan I see...

On that note though, I do know when it is going to far... my krewe knows when its going to far... I mean I know my people are not going to fight anyone over a football game...

As far as showing all this supposed class that everyone else seems to have and we dont... that is a perception and most people nailed it on the head... everyone has the *******s on campus that screem the obsinities... I personally dont... Not to say I dont cuss like a sailor... sorry I was a marine... but not when I cheer for my team... I personally just dont do it...

LSU is known for the great tailgating... and with that you are gonna get your tigerbaits and geaux to hell ole miss' and all that crap... its all part of the atmosphere...

The one thing I dont want LSU fans to turn into is a bunch a stuck up snoobs who barely cheer... In fact I am damn proud that our cheering and yelling and screaming and supporting our team starts way before we enter our stadium or any other stadium for that matter it is part what makes LSU so well known for tailgating...

All that being said... are there things I would change... "HELL YEAH"... but who am I to push my ideas on other people who may think that their way is right also...

I personally am going to continue to do what I do best... and that is support our team through thick and thin... are some people gonna love me for it... yea... are some people gonna hate me for it... yea... but I cant please everyone and I am not trying to...

Anyway... Just to let you know that I have been around... Auburn made my 26th road game... I only have Arkansas left... and just one more interesting fact... while attending the Virginia Tech game of 2002 i was flipped off by their fan base approximately 1,397 times... simply for wearing purple and gold... and that was only tip of the ice berg... but I have plenty of crazy stories from all the places I have been some good some bad... but I wouldnt change any of them...

Peace...

KOC-RPH