Tiger Opinions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Jan 17, 2005.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Hi guys---Just want to get the opinion of some real football fans. I'm sure I will get the typical "nothing can help up there" answers. But I think I can get some knowledgeable replys too. What do you guys think of our new head coach? I find it kind of funny that he signed with LSU out of high school. That shows me he loved the Tigers. He evidently realized that he would not get a lot of pt at LSU and moved on. Wise for a young man. I read that he was a real competitor. Intelligent. Moved up the coaching ladder. Super recruiter. Players love him. What do you guys see as the future for the Rebs?

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Reb, nothing can help up there.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I know very little about this guy except what I saw in the Orange Bowl. His on field intensity was enough to make you take notice. Near the end of the game when the second stringers were in he was out there hollering and coaching his azz off with a win already a forgone conclusion.

If he does half as good as he looks on the field, maybe you rubs wont be sitting in the basement of the SEC West with State. :hihi:

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Heard he likes Bar fights. His voice cracks me up, sounds like it is painful for him to talk. He was a good recruiter at USC buit its a different ball game down here. You guys have to go head to head in state with MSU, not to mention the rest of the SEC. He looks like a good motivator. I still think it was a mistake to can Cutt after one bad season.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Honestly, I think he's a breath of fresh air. He seems to be an ambitious recruiter and I think he is prepared to take the bumps and bruises that come with getting acclimated to the SEC. His timing is a little rough as Bama appears to be putting their best foot forward and MS State is pulling their program out of a rut. I like the guy and I was one of the few who apllauded Ole Miss for making a change when they did. This was the year of new beginnings in the SEC and Ole Miss joined the party...

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Whether it was a good or bad decision to fire Cut I think Ole Miss hired the perfect kind of coach for their program and he has already brought in 2 other very good recruiters and appears to know the SW LA area as well as the N. La area is a very fertile recruiting area for Ole Miss. While he won't bring in the kind of classes he did at USC he can possibly bring in better classes than Cut did, just as he brought in better classes than his predecessors at USC, and I believe he will. No one knows what kind of HC he will be yet but we do know he was a very good line coach. How do all of his assistants look so far on experience, championships won, etc?

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

:lol: :lol: got ya BB

8. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I think he made a good move bringing in the opw guy. That'll help with recruiting for ole miss. I think orgeron is a good recruiter and that will help. from what i understand, he is very down to earth and relates well with players. that being said - i do not think he consitutes a major threat to lsu's secw superiority, ot to its recruiting base. he'll get the occasional louisiana or mississippi 4 star, but most of them will end up at lsu. i think things still stack up with lsu the best of the west for the foreseeable future, with the main challenger being auburn. best of the rest will be arkansas, alabama, ole miss and state in that order. that's about the pecking order in the west as most folks see it. maybe flip-flop bama and arkansas.

for whatever reason, ole miss does not have the national permission to be really good. but then again neither did auburn - look how they got kicked to the curb after going undefeated. that's a wound au nation will always have. dinardo opened the door to lsu getting the national permission back. saban kicked it in. you "get it back" by focusing on making things better and different. i don't think orgeron has enough upstairs to make that equation work.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I too regret that Cutt got treated like that. I would much rather seen HIJACK and his little kiss ass -bab Boone--be ridden out of town. AT LEAST HIS BAR FIGHT WAS IN BR :lol: :lol: :rofl: