Tiger Rag reported today that Josh McNeil has committed

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by loco4lsu, Jan 4, 2005.

1. loco4lsu

loco4lsu Freshman

to Tennessee. Also that Paul Duncan (OL from GA) has eliminated LSU from consideration due to the departure of Saban and is now down to Duke and Notre Dame. I really thought we had a good shot at McNeil and I'm surprised that these OL didn't wait to hear from Les Miles with his OL background. :confused:

:geaux:

2. philter

philter Founding Member

McNeil said Saban leaving didn't make any impact on his decision whatsoever. He said he really loved Phil and Tenn. Duncan pulled his name out of the LSU running right after Nick left, I don't think this was new...maybe new on tigerrag though.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Its worse... he probably cares about an EDUCATION... i cant blame him for wanting a free ride to two very good schools.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

But a Duke education looks a whole lot better on a resume, then an LSU education... dont kid yourself...

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I also know you can get an education to rival any ivey leaguer in your public library... but the place you get your diploma is VERY important in this day in age. Not brainwashing, just the facts.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nah more important who you know. you can go to podunk comm. college and get a job above a harvard grad when it comes down to who is doing the interviewing process. all about favors.

scratch my back.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I would never judge one of my employees by the university theu went to. The person is much more important. What kind of tool hires someone because of the University they went to? Are you willing to put your name and job on the line because of the heading across a diploma?

I assure you that no one who values their job and is worth their salt will...

Your education is no better than what you put into it.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

In corporate america, resumes are tossed in the garbage can everyday based on where you graduated from. A degree from a prestigious school gets you in the door much faster. Now, what happens once they get in that door is entirely up to the individual, and that degree means less and less as they move along in their career.

It may not be right and it may not be fair, but the school does matter to many employers ... especially to those who just graduated and looking for their first real job.

9. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

But back to the subject, of course we wanted him because he is by far the best center in the nation, but it isn't that big of a loss because as good as he is, he is no Ryan Miller.

10. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I find it odd that people who argue that one education is as good as another riddle their posts with sentences that end in prepositions, confuse "then" with "than" and misspell words so badly one can't derive the intended meaning.

It DOES matter where you go to school. It isn't the only thing that matters but it most definitely matters.