tiger recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by texascajun, Sep 20, 2003.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Guys we had 68 recruits at the game yesterday...all had a great time and I heard several say how amazing it was with the volume. BTW that was Early's high school jersey guys. It's white just like ours, but I can assure you that it was his high school jersey.

2. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

It was definitely an LSU jersey. Doucet was also sporting a LSU hat. Mike Scarborough from the Rivals LSU site took a picture of him in it and posted on the site. He said that Early purchased the jersey with his own money. Also, once again, St. Martinville does not have names on the back of their jerseys - atleast they didnt in Doucets highlight film from last year. Actually I have never seen a high school with names on the back of their jerseys.

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Another possibility is at the LSU camps they give jerseys to the players of the camp with their names on them. I guess I'll go with Scarborough though since he should know what he is talking about.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

The recruites were on the sideline while LSU was warming up they looked like they were about 3 deep from the 50 to the end zone by the students must have been 50 atleast over there.

5. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

My understanding of that is that they do put players names on jersey's when they go for their official visits, but that they cannot for unofficial visits. I dont think that any football recruits were on campus for official visits this weekend. I am not positive about that, it is just my understanding.

6. DValley

DValley Founding Member

According to I think Dandy Don's recruiting page, 100 or so recruits were to attend in some official and some unofficial visits.

7. SMSHtiger07

SMSHtiger07 Freshman

it wasnt a school jersey.. our school doesnt put names on the backs of the jerseys..

anyways, i heard that he was most likely gunna end up going to LSU or FSU...

this week we played oppalouses(sp?) he did awesome in the game.

had 2 scouts there.. 1 from FSU and one from LSU.

IMO i think he will goto lsu..

8. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted if you hear any new info.