Tiger Softball Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, May 28, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Good read here. Thought it was interesting that Patrick Murphy said he's "never even seen" Nick Saban at Alabama. Said he's (Saban) like he's in "Fort Knox" over there. On the other hand Les Miles, Nicki Caldwell & Paul Manieri were at the press conference introducing Murphy as the new LSU Softball Coach. :thumb: Totally different atmosphere. :LSU231:

LSU gets revenge on Alabama | The Advertiser | theadvertiser.com

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

You quoted yourself. Did you remember to give yourself reputation points?

1 person likes this.
  3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If I only could.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't find that shocking at all. They work in two different buildings. The two teams have different weight rooms, different rehab facilities, etc.

He's right, Pat is...it is about like Ft. Knox in the Moore building. I can't say I've heard it bothering a soul.

Got to say, bad timing for a guy to be hired and reporters asking about past coaches like Saban and the history there...sounds like someone trying to stir the pot a bit, eh?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's killing you isn't it?

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I understand the move and I understand the pain for Bama fans.

The fact is Alabama is a football school. You can say the same thing about LSU but you can't limit LSU to just a football school. You can for Alabama.

Occasionally you hear Alabama mentioned in other sports (gymnastics, softball)...but not very often.

I don't really see the connection with Saban though. Saban's agent chased money to Miami while convincing Nick's ego he could succeed in the NFL. He failed miserably and jumped on an opportunity to return to a SEC school. He realized he royally screwed up by leaving LSU and was fortunate to have an opportunity to return.

Leaving any other sport at Alabama for a better opportunity makes sense. What hurts is the fact he's been there a long time and had success. Even so...LSU's commitment to baseball/softball (facilities, attendance, etc.) is unmatched and provides him with a better chance to achieve his top priority of bringing a national title to the SEC.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Very weird situation. I guess our surprise with the hire wasn't that far off given he has now backed out of coaching LSU. This was after a media introduction and promising the girls he would be with them for the long haul.

Not like he needed additional leverage since he was offered a match by Bama already.

I know a lot of Bama fans have already made their negative comments about him and now it looks like he will remain there.

We are now back in the market after missing out on Arizona coach 1st and now this. Shouldn't be hard with the money we are offering.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What? You have got to be kidding, after he is introduced and gives a news conference? What's the scoop here? Great coach, but did he just flake out?

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Sounds like he is just a flake. He contacted the Bama AD to see if they would still have him back. Which they will...

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What about Alyson Habetz is she an option? Her and her family had to be shocked with the turn of events.