Tiger Stadium/Best Stadium in College Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerchick46, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's the spirit!

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think Tiger Stadium might actually be number one now and hopefully keeps getting better with refinements to the lower bowl, restrooms, etc.

I know many don't like the AD but I think he has a good vision as to what is needed to improve fans experience. And he is actually working hard with all parties to address traffic concerns although with that many people coming into the area it will never be what some hope it could be.

Now, when aTm finishes their stadium in two years we could be in second again as they are completely demolishing their lower bowl and pretty much everything will be brand new.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Parts of the lower bowl at LSU are approaching 100 years old. The newest parts are 65 years old. Not only are the ramps narrow, poorly lit and the concession and bathroom spaces inadequate, but structural problems will force the lower bowl to be replaced in the next 20 years or so, I suspect. The addition of the new south end zone will make that job complicated and expensive, however. Access through the north end zone will hampered by the PMAC and protected 90-year old live oaks. I doubt it can be done between seasons. LSU should have replaced the lower bowl first.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

2 years ago, I got to sit in the stands during an LSU game at a&m, the other times at a&m, I was with the SMU coaches for a game, didn't get to sit. The ramps and aisle are narrow, bad seating, concessions are a big miss.

You can nitpick most any stadium in college football, there are some that are better than others, but faults with most.

I made the trip up to Washington, UDub has a great look from the stadium, thats it, surrounded by water adds to it. The jumbo-tron looks like a 19" color portable. They ran out of water and most items by halftime. Too many misses there.

The U-Houston stadium was demoed, an for good reason, the suites had windows like you put in a house, just raise the window.

One of the better has been SMU, Gerald J. Ford Stadium is a nice one, it was opened in 2000.