Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field in 2010!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 1, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wish it were true, and i wish every school colored their field like boise. eastern washington is installing a red field, which is pretty awesome.

they are two different companies. one is an importer/exporter, the other is an exporter/importer

2. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

Purple Turf!!!!

Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10 - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

[​IMG]

"It's now time to expand the traditions that surround our football program," LSU head coach Les Miles said. "LSU is going to take the lead in what we think will become the wave of the future and that's field turf in the colors of your school. The installation of the purple field turf will add to the excitement of a Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium and this team will enjoy the opportunity to play on what will be the finest surface in football."

Apparently a subsidiary of Vandalay industries will be installing the turf! I've Always been a fan of Art Vandalay but mainly for his importing and exporting, I was unaware of this turf venture but I'm sure he can do good work in Tiger Stadium.

"Partnering with LSU just makes sense," said Art Vandalay, the President and CEO of Vandalay Industries said."We've been speaking on the virtues of colored turf for years at various conventions and we finally have the perfect partner in LSU. The field is going to be amazing. Although we have never done a project with our turf on anything more than municipal parks, we are confident that 'Tiger Turf' is going to be a staple of all collegiate athletic fields. The possibilities are endless. I see a future where grass will cease to exist."

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

This news is so exciting!

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

shouldnt it be "latex" and not "rubber"?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've applied there for a position in Latex sales. Don't jinx it.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dandy Don said alot of people were fooled by LSU's April Fool's joke and when they wrote him they were level 5 pissed.

That's hilarious that alot of people were duped.....not that many would admit it.

I ain't gonna lie. I was lying in my bed late the night of 3/31 and it was about 12:30am and I couldn't sleep so I started reading tweets on my phone. I got the "purple field" tweet from LSUsports.net and I was like, "WTF?". I got up and jumped on my laptop and I read the whole article. When I saw Art Vandalay I knew something was up and realized it was an April Fool's joke (technically, it was April 1st). That's when I created this thread.

I wasn't level 5 pissed or anything, but I certainly wanted to look into it. It didn't immediately register to me that it was a joke b/c it was still 3/31/10 in my eyes so I kinda have an excuse.

Ok. I'm an idiot for believing it for a few minutes, but at least I didn't write Dandy Don and start biitching about it.:hihi:

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The sad thing is that as bad as the TS turf has looked the last couple of years in mid-to-late season, I don't actually mind the idea.

8. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Actually, this looks pretty good to me:thumb:

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I agree. I'd like to see it for the Alabama game...It would be great to see McElroy's facemask with purple turf stuck on it. We'd, of course, have to wear the purple jerseys to force Bama into their whites...just so their pants and jerseys would have purple stains all over them.

I seriously am beginning to like the idea, but I'm sure Okie would say it's bad Mojo.
    Think about it, how can purple and gold stains all over Trent Richardson's uniform be bad?

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

How can grass stains be bad either? As long as the uni's get dirty, I don't care what color they are.

I'd be worried about wearing purple jerseys on the purple turf. Jordan Jefferson would never be able to spot a receiver.
    :rofl: