Tiger Stadium Upper Deck Dismantling Begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

That flash site has an interesting arrangement of Pregame....

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or if Red could set up a web cam in his office window and Brett could make a section on this forum where we could watch the work in progress in realtime.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

No way will that happen. Do you realize how much money LSU would lose ?

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah it sounds like it should be the soundtrack for an epic battle in a war movie ! I like it, its cool.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You know, I'm surprised that the athletic department hasn't already done that. The view from their building would be spectacular.

I'm going to email Herb Vincent and tell him BengalB would like the cam online before Christmas.

I'm not certain about that. They are surely designed to match in style and appearance, but the east side has two skybox levels, while the west will have three club levels for an elevation mismatch.

It would also require the closing of a major campus street.

Cool.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The lighting masts are coming down today.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Yah just passed the stadium less than 10 minutes ago and they only have one light tower to go.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

[​IMG]
    Crews ripped out the aluminum seating in the Upper West Deck Monday and began knocking holes in the floor.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

My understanding is the space and elevation is a match, it's just being used differently; three club levels instead of two suites levels, so that they definitely can bridge them. If there were a bridge, it would not create a meet-up problem, as the different sides would remain separate due to the fact that we still need to have a big scoreboard and Jumbotron in the south end. It would just be "built in" to the upper deck instead of a free-standing scoreboard, as it is now.

As for closing South Stadium Drive, well, that certainly may be unavoidable, but there might be enough room to get it done. They may have to "slant" the street and eat up some of the adjacent parking lot though. It would definitely be a tight fit.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

GOOD LORD, South Stadium was already a clusterf--- before the construction. I shouldn't even have to explain how it is now.