Tiger Stadium Upper Deck Dismantling Begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 22, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have a third big crane up today. All are working on the dismantling. Several smaller cranes are working on the construction lower down. But it is amazing to see them swing the booms around and try to stay out of each others way. If they get throught this job without an accident, I will be amazed.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're right Red, and the head of the job said it is the hardest job that he is ever going to do in his life due to trying to take down everything without damaging the lower bowl and than having to go back up in such a time constricted manner. They will be working 24 hours a day 7 days a week they said. I wonder if the crews will be working tomorrow?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

In the Gameday program for the Ole Miss game this past weekend, it said the new construction would increase 3,200 more seats.

91,600 + 3,200 = 94,800 ....good enough to leap UGA once again and claim the spot for the 5th largest on-campus stadium in the country!!! :)

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

It will increase the club seats by 3,200 but will only add total capcity by about 400-500 to push us right at 92,000.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Everything I had read said that we were actually going to lose a few seats but maybe they changed it so they wouldn't. It was still going to raise revenue by one heck of a lot. And AD Radovich(sp?) said LSU wasn't interested in building the stadium bigger to seat more fans and the we weren't worried about UGA passing us in total attendance. So I don't thin kthey will enclose the endzones any time soon.

6. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

While that is true, 20 or so years down the line, they may want to build over the south end zone and needed to change the west deck to do it. While it would be cramped during construction, I think a south deck would fit since there is more room there than there was on the east side between the stadium and Hodges/Hatcher/Johnston. The North end is much more limited.

GEAUX TIGERS (SLOP THE HOGS)

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

What happened to the webcam on lsusports.net??? I used to view it periodically, and now, for some reason, the link to it isn't there--and I noticed a few other links normally found in the football section aren't there either.

Anyone know what's up?

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

With all the liquor that has been spilled on that concrete over the years, I sure hope nobody lights a match around there !

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It's right here! :grin:

http://www.lsusports.net/ad/sportlink.cfm?pagecode=ad-webcam