Tiger Stadium Upper Deck Dismantling Begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 22, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have a fifth big crane up today and working on the very small site. The boom choreography is something to see.

2. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Thanks Red

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I wonder if Skip thought of selling any of the parts. Surley not everything is going back.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Sure Tiger fan, would you be interested in buying an old used enormous block of cement? :lol: :wink:

5. red55

Well, that busted-up concrete is being hauled off to somewhere to fill in a low spot on a construction site or for stream revetments. I imagine there are folks who wouldn't mind armoring the river bank by their fishing camp with rip-rap that was once part of Tiger Stadium.

6. red55

It's raining like hell, but they are still working at Tiger Stadium. The giant red crane is taking down some big structural beams now.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Wow! Great pics Red. Being trapped in Mississippi, I appreciate the updates.

8. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

Hey Red thanks for the pics.
    Do you have a hard time getting in and out of your parking lot while they are working?

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, I know this... At the end of the Ole Miss game, people were ripping the seating section signs down, and the signs out of the restrooms as well. I suppose people wanted to bring home a little piece of Death Valley.

Not a bad idea though, really. Sell little chunks of the stadium and contribute the proceeds to Mike's new habitat or something. I mean, it's cool that I'll have a brick with my name on it at the new habitat, but having a Death Valley paperweight on my desk would kick @rse as well.... :thumb:

10. red55

Nope, I'm in a gated lot on the other side of the building. The telephoto makes TS look closer than it really is.