Tiger Stadium Upper Deck June update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jun 1, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Three rake beams up and three more coming. The south ramp structure is near complete. Partitions are being installed on the club levels.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well...I have to admit, now it's looking more "smooth".... I know there's still tons left to do, but from this picture, it at least looks like the seating should be completed by the first game (which is what they said would be all that was completed).

I can live knowing that the skyboxes, etc. aren't finished as long as they have the seats in place.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It's coming along very nicely. They've gotten quite a bit done since I last saw it (about a month ago).

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Also, I would assume that most of the deck would be assembled on the ground, then hoisted up, so you probably wont see alot of the work until its attached.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The rake beams are the final cast-in-place structures. Everything else, included the seating deck sections will be prefabricated units, hoisted into place.

At this point, I'm less concerned about the upper deck itself. But the electrical job will be critical. The stadium light poles have to be up and working reliably. There are many new elevators that have to be installed and meet inspection. Lots of electrical, water, communication, and sewer work must be done after the structure itself is complete. The press box, at a minimum, must have the PA and scoreboards operational and working telephones. Seats have to be installed.

Who knows whether all of the paint and signage will be ready? Likely not, except for Emergency Exit signs. Will the club levels have working A/C? Will all of the concessions be ready?

Bottom line, will it pass a fire marshall inspection in late August?

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Come on Red, this is Louisiana we're talking about! I'm sure the TAF can work SOMETHING out...:hihi:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i'm still waiting for someone to bleach that damned thing.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

If much of that is pre-fab, then they just might make it. It's really starting to take shape.

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Similiar to Louisiana state inspectors...

...one of the reasons that to this day, I still consider the Superdome the TRUE 8th wonder of the world... :hihi:

PS thanks for the pic Red... :thumb:

10. TigerwithaRope

TigerwithaRope The Beast driver

like you said there are many things left to go, but I am still worried about the prebaricated panels that go on the rake beams.

In this case they are made to fit according to plans, and with two ends sitting on each step of the rake beam with an allowable tolerence of 1/4 to 1/2 inch, it is tough to be perfect.

At southern, when they had to replace the seat panels on the existing stadium using the measurments made in the field, there were lots of headaches.

I said a month ago, that if they got the rake beams finished by the end of june, that I thought they might make it, but did not think that they would have the rake beams finished by the end of june. Well, now I think that they might finish the rake beams.

But, again like you said there is alot more than just the structural components to get finished. It looks like people will have to rely more on walking up the ramps instead of elevators and escalators.

thanks for the updates red, nothing like a close finish to get everyone talking.