Tiger Stadium Upper Deck May update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 2, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Perhaps off for mother's day? maybe? hmm?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I noticed that while at the Box for baseball game. I could not see ground level though. Wondered if perhaps Sundays were used for regrouping, staging materials, etc.

If they can take a day off from construction though, then there must not be too much concern about being on schedule. Tell ya what though, they better get their nightly prayers in concerning hurricane season.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i think we'll be ok regarding hurricane season. its usually very late in the summer or very early in the fall before one really threatens around here. the earliest i would say they have to worry about one is around mid august.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Skip and Dan R. both did say the only thing they did not plan for was a hurricane hitting during the summer. They couldn't.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Why couldn't they plan for a hurricane? I know they have been working 24-7 but say you plan to be done a week before the season starts, then if you run into problems you have a little buffer.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Fact of the matter is, the contractor said they could finish the job, when its probably a job that couldnt be done before september. Would have been smart for LSU to arrange to have their first few games away to give more time.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Evidentally it couldn't be fit, that's all I can think of. As locoguano states, it amy have been smart to have a couple of away games first but all of their away games are SEC games and they have no control over scheduling SEC games.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think enough of the construction will be complete to put fans in the seat. Now they may not have any restrooms, concession stands, have to walk half way around the world to get to their seat, etc .... but short of a hurricane blowing Tiger Stadium away, those seats will be ready.

I would hate to see what happens if those seats aren't ready...