Tiger Vision in Texas??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDork, Nov 14, 2006.

1. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

Ok I need all my rowdy friends to put their heads together to help me with a dilemma...

I am going to College Station for a wedding this weekend. Of course it is on a weekend that NOBODY picks up the game for regular TV. Had it been on ESPN I could have watched it on my laptop with my ESPN GamePlan but that's out the window.

Your mission is to find a legit way that I and my 3 friends can watch a Tiger Vision game outside of the borders of Louisiana in a hotel. Can you buy it outside of Louisiana? can you buy it through geaux zone? TV or Internet I don't care - I just need to be ableto see this game!!!

Post away...

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Slingbox ?

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Maybe it’s happened, but I can’t think of a TigerVision game in the last few years that hasn’t been picked up by GamePlan. According to LSU Sports the Ole Miss game will be on GamePlan as well as TigerVision - LSU release: "Residents outside Louisiana can purchase TigerVision through ESPN's Game Plan package"

However, I’ve seen it posted here before that online blackouts are determined by credit card location, not by IP address. You might want to call GamePlan’s help and see what they have to say about your being able to watch the game. Worst case, you could get someone out of state to get a single week’s subscription. Good luck…

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We can't even get Tigervision with Cebridge. :angryfire

5. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

Well it was a full season pass to ESPN GamePlan. I would think it would be crappy if I couldn't travel outside of the state and not use what I paid for. I shall investigate further.

Keep the information coming!

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I don't know if it's on the GeauxZone or not but if it is you can get it in Texas. They say that it's only available in LA but the only way they check this is with your credit card zip code. I called and confirmed this before the Kentucky game and then ordered it. It work well for me in Dallas and the picture quality was pretty good over my DSL line.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I get ESPN gameplan for the away games (Because I am usually in BR for the home games) plus I am known to place a wager or two on football games so its nice to watch the Pac-10 games or Nevada vs New Mexico.....

Going to College Station huh...

Watch your cornhole bud...

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Well, if you really are a dork...

You could set up a pc here in BR to get cable TV, and have it set up to broadcast the signal over the internet. I know it can be done, but am not entirely sure of how.

9. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I can meet ya half way. I'll be setting up a free stream of the radio audio on Saturday, check 'round here for the link on gameday.

If someone here has one of the following tuner cards, I can help setup a direct video stream. (My ATI HD card is, sadly, not compatible with what i have in mind)

Hauppauge: WinTV PVR-150
    Hauppauge: WinTV PVR-USB2
    Hauppauge: WinTV PVR-250, and 350
    ADS Instant TV Deluxe PTV-305 PCI
    ADS Instant TV Deluxe USB (External)
    Diamond XtremeTV PVR660 USB 2.0
    Diamond XtremeTV PVR560 PCI
    AVerMedia UltraTV Media Center PCI 500 and PCI 550
    Emuzed Angel Dual TV Tuner
    Hauppauge WinTV 500MCE PCI (for Media Centers only)
    Emuzed Angel Dual TV Tuner PCI
    Adaptec VideOh! Media Center USB 2.0 (AVC-3610)
    Novac NV-TV300D2 Dual-TV2
    NVIDIA Dual-TV

10. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Game will be on espn game plan...i just ordered it for the week.