Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal Buddy, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The Advocate today stated Tiger Woods could win his 18th major, tying Jack Nicklaus' record, in five years. I am not quite sure how they came up with five years. He needs eight more wins to tie. I think that realistically he can tie it in four. To do that he would have to win an average of two majors each year. But the way he is playing right now, I would say there is a good possibility he will do that. I am interested in projections others may have.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

He's 6 away from 18. Assuming he doesn't change his swing anytime soon, he could average 2 majors a year over the next 3 years. I think he's ready to go on a serious run and win many tourneys the next couple of years.

My guess is he'll tie the record of 18 at the 2009 PGA Championship. That'll give the media about 8 months to build up his record breaking win at the 2010 Masters.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

ditto. he's playing the best golf of his life right now.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

You're right. My math was wrong. He has 12 wins which puts him 6 wins away. Yes. He can do it in three years.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

During the telecast they mentioned that Tiger was the first to win two majors in back to back years. To suggest that he can do it for three more years might be a stretch even for Tiger. I'm not ruling out the possibility, just suggesting the odds are probably against it.

6. clair

clair Rockets

augusta is such an easy course for the way his swing is set up now, so I expect several more Masters wins.

The English courses in rotation for the British also set up well for him now, too, b/c of his outstanding long-iron play, so I expect to see many more of those.

And the US Open and PGA, it's all up to the course...

7. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

EXACTLY. As great as Woods is, to average two majors a year over a long period of time might be a stretch. He'll get the record, but not is the next 4 years.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He will probably do it, but he wont win 2 a year for the next four years.

9. clair

clair Rockets

WOW... they just showed this on ESPN.

Since Tiger turned pro 10 years ago, he has won 51 times.

In those ten years, all the other players in the top 5, have won a total of 52 times

WOW

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And he doesn't play in nearly as many tournaments as most touring pros.