Tiger

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Aug 7, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

better get his personal life straightened out quick or he can forget about breaking Jack's record.

Next to Augusta, Firestone is probably his favorite course. He's shot 74, 72, & 75 and is in 78th place. He's 80th, dead last in driving accuracy, T78th in GIR, and 51st in putts per round.

He better find his game before next Thursday. Whistling Straits will eat his lunch the way he's hitting it.

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Maybe he's trying to show reduced income to lower his alimony.

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

That's why i keep saying this year is a wash for Tiger. It's obvious his head is not in the game.

He hit shots today that I hit. Shanking balls from the fairway to the trees, chipping out of rough and landing in same rough, hitting out of the sand and landing in same sand, etc. And after some of those bad shots he would walk up to his ball and hit again without a practice stroke or two.

That's not Tiger. But trust me he will be back. He has way too much heart and determination to win to not come back. He's thought about Jack's record since he was a kid. That hasn't all of a sudden vanished. Plus with all the doubt from everyone, you know that's adding fuel to the fire too.

After next week I think he won't play much the rest of the season since he obviously won't qualify for the final four tourny's. Hopefully he gets a coach and starts preparing for next year. Now if he really gets his head back in it and prepares fully for next year and stinks it up again, then i think there's reason for concern. But i TOTALLY believe he will be back to being Tiger next year.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't know...

I am starting to think we have seen the last of the dominant Tiger. I can see him winning some more Majors down the road, etc... but he will never be up to the same level IMO.

He has had plenty of time to get adjusted to what he created. He is hitting shots like fans but the main difference is that he has much more experience than us and he practices almost everyday. He needs a great coach to get him motivated and working like he should be.

5. COTiger

Tiger's lost the huge advantage that he had over 75% of the field and that's the mental advantage. If Tiger was in the field, 75% of the players realized they were playing for second place before the first tee shot was ever hit.

1 person likes this.
  6. DownOnTheBayou

I've heard some of the media say he isn't practicing everyday like he used too. He skips practicing to go see his kids. I know for a fact he did that the week of The Open because some dipsh!t in the english media ragged him for doing that.

Time will tell i guess.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

hey, i can do that. maybe i should go on tour.:hihi:

8. COTiger

Tiger wrapped it up with a smooth 77 to finish at +18 and 2nd to last in the field.

If I was Mark Steinberg I would get a couple of hookers lined up between now and Thursday. Perhaps getting laid will improve his game. It can't get any worse.

9. DownOnTheBayou

ESPN is about to show his post-round comments. Supposedly Tiger says golf isn't fun anymore.

10. DownOnTheBayou

Yeah some idiot reporter asked Tiger if he was having fun playing golf. Of course Tiger said no since he just shot a career worst 18 over par.

Tiger also said he doesn't want to play on the Ryder Cup team if he's playing like this. He doesn't feel he can help the team win. I'm sure that's a hard pill for him to swallow. And unselfish on his part too.