TigerBait.com, TigerRag, et cetera

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TomyDingo, Apr 2, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tiger Rag's free board gets many more posts than their $99.00 a year "Premium" board. Who would sign up for that? But it still doesn't get the posts that Tigerforums does.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's not really fair. Don's got a lot of sources and he gets around a bit too. During recruiting season he gets the jump on a lot of news outlets, including the Advocate.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Geaux Dandy!!!!

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

You're right on recruiting he does have some connections. but outside of that it is the advocate.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah but, I never mistakenly connect online to the Gay Newspaper. :)

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

lay off the acid:D :D :D

7. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

All of these sites are the same. What you are really paying for is the people. You establish a group of friends & some are more "in the know" than others. You flock to those boards because you are familiar with everyone there.

The only differnce between TigerBait/TigerRag and TigerRoar/TigerForums is that the former are news services with message boards while the latter are just message boards. Find a group that you like the best & stick with it. If you like this board the best, stay here. If the only factor is weather it is free or not, stay here. One day, this board will cost too much to be free & they will either fold shop or start charging. Once that happens, someone else will pick up the banner of the free boards & you can post there.

As for the information you will see, the only difference is the timing. Eventually, all the news will make it all over.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

TigerForums.com will always be free to use

I must add that because of the efficient software we use, I really don't see a time where running TigerForums.com will be cost prohibitive.

The main cost of running a message board is bandwidth (the amount of data that is sent from our server to your computer). Because our software uses PHP and MySQL (the most stable and efficient code to serve data) and the way TigerForums.com is designed, bandwidth usage is reduced making it much more affordable to run. (although it still isn't free)

All that said, TigerForums.com will ALWAYS be free. There will never be a fee to participate. Worst case scenario is that we would accept donations and/or find a business sponsor. Let me just say again that there WILL NEVER be a FEE to be a member of TigerForums.com. It will be FREE for everyone to use or it won't exist.

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

GEAUX BRETT, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

10. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

He is very good with recruiting. I also think he does more than the Advocate on more than just recruiting. For someone who cannot make it to alot of the games I like to read his opinion as much as the statistics (which can be gotten from the Advocate).

The problem now for us out of towners is the advocate's new website is not as good as the old one. I liked the old way which seemed to mirror the paper. They are eventually going to put that back online but for a fee.

I like to keep up with LSU and Baton Rouge, so I used to frequent the old site a lot. Now not so much.