TigerBait just did an update...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Soap, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soap

Soap Founding Member

They just did an update about all the visitors we had today. Anybody with access care to let us know what is said?

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Spend your money and join

Why should you get info free others pay for?

3. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Re: Why should you get info free others pay for?

Uh... cuz we're willing to listen to you pontificate with your profound knowledge when no one else will even so much as give you the time of day?

Did I get it right? ;)

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Spend your money and join

Because unlike some sanctimonius pricks he would share the info with the rest of us, just as I would if I were a member of a pay site that had info of interest to tigerforums members.

Hey, alaman, you ever download any free music? Did anybody every burn a CD for you of music they either downloaded or bought?

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Geez man....share the wealth. Just cause I don't want to pay f*cking 10 dollars a month, doesn't mean we don't deserve the information...

6. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

$10/month isn't sht for the multiple times a fan accesses the articles a day. Rivals.com, Insiders, etc...do a great job getting inside information and they should be paid for it. How else can they stay in business.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The kind of information posted on these kinds of sites will become public knowledge within hours if not minutes if it is at all newsworthy. I don't follow recruiting news the way that some members of this forum do but I am interested in it. These sites make their money from the avid followers that choose to pay the fees. I am not advocating that anybody directly repost copywrited material but the information itself is not protected by copywrite laws. Do you think for one minute that members of the sports media don't subscribe to these sites for information that gives them a leg up for the next days newspaper column or the next hours broadcast. No, they don't rip off the exact words but they rewrite the info in their own words even if they sometimes attribute the source. Private info turns into public info very fast these days via the internet and the broadcast media. A member of an internet forum who is an avid enough follower of recruiting news to pay the fee has as much right to share that info with his fellow forum members as a member of the media has to publish the same info to the world at large as long as the info is not a direct reprint of copywrited material and that proper attribution of the source is given. Here is an example: If I write a book and you publish direct excepts word for word you are guilty of copywrite infringement. If you publish a review of my book telling the gist of what its about you are perfectly within your rights. Look at it this way: There are lots of websites with membership fees of hundreds of dollars per month giving supposedly inside info about the stock market, gambling, ect. If the people who pay that kind of fee for membership to obtain info they believe is beneficial to them in some sort of financial way spread that info to the world at large they are only hurting themselves by diluting the value of info that would give them an edge. The spread of info on some so called recruiting guru's site in no way diminishes the info to the members. Coaches already know what the gurus think and know more about it than they do. Any fan who is a recruiting junkie who chooses to pay $10 a month for membership to one or more of these websites is hurting no one by sharing the info he has gleaned from a paid site. In fact, if he shares consistent info that turns out to be accurate he gains status in the eyes of his peers. I don't have time to follow recruiting the way some people do and since I don't really pay a lot of attention to high school football I don't have the same knowledge and insights that a person whose hobby leads him to spend a few bucks a month on recruiting sites memberships. But I am interested in what they have to say and any info that such a person choose to share with his fellow Tiger fans is an enhancement to my knowledge and to the other people who only casually follow recuiting.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I pay 12.95 a month for my newspaper. My radio and TV is bought and paid for. I can get the same news the junkies get, albeit a day or so later. I hang around here because I love LSU and love talking about it with other fans. During recruiting season the info gets here fast. If some dork with a Mommy problem doesn't want to share his paid for information, fine. I'm going to get it sooner or later anyway.

9. alaman

alaman Founding Member

No I don't download music, copy discs, etc

The owners of these paid sites spend their time and money to bring us info. It is their livlihood and it is not right to take their info and pass it out free.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Re: No I don't download music, copy discs, etc

I take it you have never told a lie either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.