Tigerforums Fantasy Football 2013

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jul 28, 2013.

1. silversvt01

silversvt01 Founding Member

I think it was decent. you can pick up some guys on waivers who will get hot during the year.

It is anyones game though, i went 12-1 in my league last year with a first round bye in the playoffs (this was a money league too, 20 bucks a team) and got jack cause my team shit the bed in the playoffs. finished 4th and no money.

You will do fine.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence

I'll have to figure out how to do that.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Sometimes it is a blessing in disguise to start off slow because say you lose the 1st few games and start 0-3, then you have 1st pick on the waiver wire each of those weeks. So you are racking up the players no one expected to be good this season and the rest of the league has to make due and hope you don't snatch up those guys. Another common situation is when a top RB gets hurt for an extended time or the season, now you can go pickup his replacement.

Also if you are not happy with your draft and want to switch a couple of guys you can go pickup someone on the wire right now.

Go into the League and on the top of the page is a tab labeled "Players", click on player list under the dropdown menu. Here is where you can search players by a ton of different filters (Right now they are only projections because no season stats yet). There is a Green Plus sign right by the players name. Click it and it will ask you to drop a player from your current team.

I don't you have to wait until waivers process right now because season hasn't started. When the season starts each week after Monday night football or anytime really you do the same thing but all transactions will be on hold until Tuesday night (I believe) and everyones request will be processed in the waiver order which is setup to be in reverse order of standings. So if I want the same guy as you and you have the worse record you would get priority over me and my transcaction doesn't process and I am back to where I was the week before.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

yeah, I rejected a Gore for Bradford trade.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I had to dig a little to find out Bhelm was parents of martin. I kinda of thought martin may have two teams as well. Shame on you Bhelm, lol

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks for the help bhelm. I appreciate any and all help.

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I'm presuming I missed the draft......

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Also, I don't agree with everything in this but I use this website to grade my draft and it is helping me study for my $175 per person 12 team league draft coming up this weekend. Non PPR... Serious league in a law firm downtown and Twin Peak girls serving drinks and putting up the selections on the board.

Use this first link from our League to enter the scoring settings into the 2nd link. Add your players drafted and it gives you a grade and ideas of what to look for on the waiver wire as the season progresses.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/336578/settings

If Link doesn't work go to our league, hit the league tag drop down menu, and click scoring and settings.

Enter them into this page:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/form.php

If you have issues with the scoring settings just PM me your email address and I will get it sent to you.

Also here is the Yahoo grade posted on our league for your team:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/336578/10/draftrecap

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Sure, we could just start it over and redo the draft.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I second that motion!