Tigers at Florida today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Feb 14, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is a preemptive post. Winning on the road in college basketball is about as tough a thing to do as any in sports. It's been proven over and over again. LSU has a decent, better than average team. Florida has a good team as well. The Gators may well win today's game at Gainesville. That does not mean that the Tiger program is in disarray and it does not mean that John Brady is a terrible coach. It means that one team has to win and one has to lose. No team wins all of it's games. Too much parity. Watch the game, hope it's competitive and enjoy pulling for your team. If it doesn't turn out the way you want it to, get over it. It's only a game.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Let em lose, and a few of our Tiger faithful will be posting negative threads as long as novels. Dont matter if they play a good game or not.

3. Tiger Saint

Tiger Saint Founding Member

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the game today. The Gators have been very beatable in the "House of Horrors" this year. I attended the UF/ UK game last week and watched the Gators give up 11 points in the last few minutes. They are a young but explosive team.

If LSU can stay in the game until the end and not get rattled by the "Rowdy Reptiles", they can steal one today. Also, the Gator Fans can and will turn on their young team early if the Gators start slow. Hope the Tigers can bring their "A" game and beat a young but very talented Gator team.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

LSU will pull out a win.......

5. Tiger Saint

SCRACTH the above statement! I just got a call and was given two Tickets to todays game!!!!! Pray for me, I might be the only one wearing Purple & Gold today in Gainesville! I'll be in the Gator booster section! Go Tigers!

6. Tiger Saint

Anyone else going to be there today?

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I disagree with your statement.

If the Tigers play well and lose so be it, the only time I say anything when they lose is when they lay an egg or when they
    don't play well.

For example:

LSU vs Kansas game quite a few years back...

It was fun and exciting to watch because they were good and did
    play well from what I remember but lost the game.

Its always better when you win but its how you lose that matters
    as far as I'm concerned.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Sourdough,

Never directed that to you. I have agreed with your assesment of most of the games so far this season.

You know who they are, and they know who they are. Let the Tigers drop a game and the Brady bashers will be on here writing negative novels. Even if its a two point loss, they will rag all over Brady and the team.

9. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

I think UF is very weak downlow from what I've seen this year. Jaimie n Bass should both be able to have nice games on the block even though Uf will proball collapse on the post everytime the ball goes down there. If we can just kick it out n hit some 3's that will open or post game. Uf will be without senior Colas who is a starter downlow along w/ Lee. So I think this game is very winnable. This the game where LSU's defense effort will pay off.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Geaux Tigers. It would be nice to see the tigers win this road game.