Tigers Better Stop Talking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Several of our players are talking trash about dominating Bama we dont need that extra motivation for the Tide. Pretty freaking stupid of us.

furduknfish, Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Dumb Dumb Dumb

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I normally would agree, don't make bulletin board material for a giant like Bama. However, in this case I like it. It may be what LSU needs to help wake up it's own inner confidence that has been destroyed the last 4 seasons. I'd prefer the talk come from the stars like Fournette, Adams, Key, and White. Normally I wouldn't want to hear a marginal player like Thomas talking, but I like it. Coach Oeaux is trying to instill that LSU swagger back, hopefully this is a start.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I like confidence and cockiness but they better have the sack to back it up. They shouldn't just leave a few quotes out there for Bama to focus on. They should paint the whole damn bulletin board with quotes. Conor McGregor style. Get Bama thinking about everything but the game.

TheRealist and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is a good thought. I think I prefer quiet confidence.

tzanghi and Richdog like this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Whatever gets you going I'm fine with. Personally, I too prefer the quiet confidence. I don't mind what Leonard said, it was quiet, but confident. Now Thomas went overboard. He barely sees the field, he should be quiet, but I accept it here. LSU needs to find their confidence again. They need to know they can not only hang with Bama but beat them.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The only confidence that will matter, for either team, will be the ability to move the chains in that 1st quarter.

kcal and ThePhenom74 like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban is probably already sending shit to Birmingham telling them that they need to flag any trash talk on the field, and watch LSU will get hit with about 4 unsportsmanlikes in the first half alone.

LSU needs to be smart. I don't think this is very smart. Confidence is one thing. Giving the media shit to stir up isn't confidence, it's lunacy.

Richdog likes this.
  9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Look. Bama is gonna Bama. They are good and are well coached and will play with the same level of intensity whether or not our guys exude confidence to the media.

Anyone who says any different isn't paying attention.

TerryP, shane0911, LSUTiga and 3 others like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Gonna look dumb if they come out and play like they have the past 5 years. Kind of looks dumb anyway as we hardly have looked like we belong on the same field in a while.