Tigers' comments on current events

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by GregLSU, Dec 2, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Chinese report on what happened. VERY accurate.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE[/MEDIA]

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If you don't feel sorry for Tiger, then feel sorry for his wife and kids. They are dragged through this publicly, as well. It really IS none of our business what he does privately, but the media feasts on this sort of scintillating gossip.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Actually, all people have this right.

So a person's income is the gauge that determines his right to have a private life outside his job? Bet you hope you never get rich.

Why is it anyone's business other than his own, his wife and children's and his mistress where he was going or what time it was?

What puts them in the spotlight is the public's need to live vicariously through a stranger who happens to have a talent that gains them large amounts of money and attention. If millions of buffoons didn't pay the National Enquirer to publish their garbage every week, they would go out of business and incidents like this one could stay where they belong, in absolute anonymity.

Perhaps, but then again, what did he do before he hit the fire hydrant that made his a qualified voice on the issues of family values and morals. I don't know about you, but if I need guidance outside of my immediate household on those areas, I'm looking to my parents or my priest, not some guy who's great talent in life is swinging a golf club.

Alright, something I can offer green rep for. :lol:

Bottom line.... no need to waste so much time and energy on issues like this one. So long as the only injury incurred by Tiger's late night booty call (if that's what it was) was to a tree, I can't imagine why anyone not connected with him, his mistress, or the tree, would or should care.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

5. mctiger

That's hilarious. But I thought a billion Chinamen didn't give a damm?:rofl:

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

absolutely have sympathy for the kids, but i'll hold off on the wife til we figure out if she bashed in the windows and his face with a golf club. its the state of florida's business to see if woods was dui or the wife is an abuser.

can you imagine the fury if the situation was the same but the roles switched?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is absolutely true. I typically don't feel very sorry for the wives of the pro athletes because they sort of "should" know what they're getting into when they marry that way. And, of course, the money makes the guys attractive.

On the other hand, I get sick of having PR people dragging jilted wives out in public to press conferences to "stand by their man." That's sickening.

Marital problems happen to people in all walks of life, and it would suck for everyone to have to live out their divorces in the media. It's bad enough in one's family and circle of friends.

8. mctiger

Agreed, and that kind of goes along with my comment that its no one else's business if no one got hurt. Certainly if there was a law broken, the situation is different. But if I understand correctly, this is at most a domestic dispute.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'd really like to meet you. I've never met a perfect human being before.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the only one that really got to me (not that i really keep up with this stuff) was the wife of larry "wide-stance" craig.