Tigers crushing Bama... FIRE SMOKE!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, May 2, 2004.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Not without someone getting bent out of shape and accusing others of being fair weather fans.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't think there is an explanation other than we just seem to come out flat. Errors have been the chief culprit, but our Friday starters have struggled as well. First Meier, then Determan. But...take heart Tiger fans. Mestepay, Determan, Meier, Bumstead, Faircloth, Bonura, Smith are all coming around at the same time. Clay Harris, Nick Stavinoha, Blake Gill and Will Harris are starting to hit with some regularity. The middle defense of Liuzza, Gill at SS, Naccarata at 2nd and Holt in center seems to be the lineup to go with. I don't care what our seed in the SEC tourney is, we are going to be tough come tourney time.

I agree on your All In The Family comment. In the early 70s, the shows topics were verboten for public discussion. Now, it's old hat.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I would prefer we tried to sweep a team every now and then. Arkansas does it...Tennessee does it. Why don't we??

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You don't think they try?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

the yankeess should have fired joe torre after they got swept by boston. everyone knows torre cant coach at all. if he could, then why would he let an all-star team like the yankees get swept. you have to always fire as soon as possible.

oh the yankees won 6 straight since then? so what, shoulda fired him anyways.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I think it's the pitching.

My guess is that our opponents pull out all of the stops to win the Friday game. It's a real psychological boost to win on Friday. We may be a bit flat on Fridays, but we are facing the best pitching we'll see all weekend. That's my guess.

As to All in the Family, I laughed my butt off when I saw the shows during the first run of the series. The episodes seem dated now.

The Honeymooners, with Jackie Gleason and Art Carney, NEVER seems dated. Also, many I Love Lucy shows withstand the test of time.

7. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

That's exactly my point.... Any criticism is taken way out of context and assclown threads like this are started. Some people never grow up I guess :dis: :dis: :dis:

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but the MASH episodes are still funny as hell :grin: :grin: