Tigers have first spring practice (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Part of a nice little article. Includes stuff on the QB situation, transitioning from Saban to Miles, Russell getting into shape, the new defensive scheme, and the usual mumbo jumbo you've come to expect. Rest of it here: http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/03/14/423599632eb7a

2. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

Can anyone tell me if he is not going to spend time with the QB's then where is he going to spend time? I thought the most crucial of our many problem is that we have yet to find a QB that can play 60 minutes. I mean he is not a defensive coach like Nick Saban. What is his speciality? Offensive line. We do not need much work there, so long as we have Whitworth and co returning back.

I wish Skip had not blown the interview with Pertino. At least with Petrino we would have an offense.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Where is he going to spend his time? Are you serious? There are a helluva lot of other positions that need constant coaching. You don't just assume that since a unit was good last year, that they don't need to do anything with it. I would be severely disappointed if CLM said something like, "Well, QB is our question mark, so I'm ignoring the rest of the offense, defense, and special teams." Assinine.

And screw Petrino. "At least we would have an offense?" Wow, what an ignorant comment.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Look, either go to a Louisville board where sucking Petrino's talleywhacker is acceptable or STFU about it.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It's really nothing personal though, this guy just has an uncanny ability to make remarkably bad points. And they're not even funny ones like OVD's lunatic posts, they're just bad.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The part where Jamarcus says that the 15 & 20 yard routes are a piece of cake now is huge. Those simple routes where wayyy to difficult for Jamarcus last year. I'm hoping this means he has really improved his game.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Nice article carface. What’s all this talk about cobwebs and rust? They act like it's been three years since they played. It's only been what about three and a half months. Les Miles better buckle down b/c if he doesn’t have these boys playing at high speed come season opener time, he will get run out of town quick.

8. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

If I'm not mistaken, Coach Miles specific posistion coaching is Tight Ends. I could be wrong.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Have you ever played football? Believe me, no matter how much you love the game, after a long season you dont even want to hear the word football for a couple months... The fire really doesnt come back until after those first few practices and you start to remember that football is fun and not just painful.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

That was his job in Dallas